Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT GL10 Lives!!!

It's ALIVE!!! :banana: So, I now have a new motor. I bought a new crank, rods and pistons and got her all back together, The #1 journal on the old crank was missing about 1/4" in diameter. I figured I wasn't going to screw around with welding, grinding and resizing, so I went new. With 136K on it, the cylinder bores were still under max spec, so I got to use std pistons. Since the skirt broke off of #1, I kind of had to. No mods, just a stock rebuild. Didn't really have the time to do anything, though I would have liked to. I am however finally going to install my boost controller and gauges after the motor is broken in. :burnout:

BTW..... How many times can an intelligent experienced tech install the timing belts wrong? Twice so far. Once each time the engine was out. I get rolling, and the brain goes into Honda/Nissan mode and I set the belts like everyone else DOES. Then I go to start it and get nothing. Then it hits me...... Subaru does it diferently you SCHMUCK!!! Maybe I'll go for the hat trick....:rolleyes: