Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rust spot behind Subaru word on my EA82.

Now i've got a rust spot about the size of a Golf ball behind the Subaru word logo and i wanted to know, If i slowly and smothly pull the logo off will the black background come off of the word? And what would i use to put it back on? Because i want to fix that spot before it gets worse.. Thanx

Now i've got a rust spot about the size of a Golf ball behind the Subaru word logo and i wanted to know, If i slowly and smothly pull the logo off will the black background come off of the word? And what would i use to put it back on? Because i want to fix that spot before it gets worse.. Thanx

all you gotta do is paint it. Any color you want, if you get all the black off.

I have the Subaru GL-10 plastic emblem off my original trunklid still, and its all buggered up.. I am going to re line the lettering with testor's silver model paint and then hit the back with some plastic black paint, and it should come out fine from what i have read from others who have already done it.

Okay, What exaticly is an epoxy? Like i kinda know what it is but not sure. Can i get that at a Wal-mart or Ace?

Yup you can get it at wally world or Ace...or even the auto parts store...its in a tube...well kinda like 2 tubes held together...had a plunger ( think of it as a big needle) ..what it does is it mixes equal amounts of the 2 items together ..the 2 "chemicals" have a reaction that makes them very sticky and hardens very hard.. There are different types..5 minute hold ..30 minute etc etc..Its definately stronger then glue...I used epoxy to fix a loose piece of trim on Rocky and still holding super strong