Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gold leaf looks good :)

ok so i began painting the 1980 gl5 wagon today color theam is black,gold and silver. because of the tan intiror i didnt want to go all black. so i went and got the emblems and used gold leaf to do this

S3010025.jpg

S3010020.jpg

i think they look prety good what do you guys think. i also did the (subaru) ones on the fenders.

Nice detail on the chrome stuff. Should be a nice "Lexus-looking" Sube.

That is SICK. I think silver wheels with, say... gold lug nuts, gold center cap, and gold beauty ring would look totally pimptastic.

Easier to paint wagon wheels gold, and use the chrome centers, lugs, and rings... but just IMO. r/ PK

btwheel.jpg

if i had wagon wheels on it i would do gold woth chrome "glory rings and lug nuts" but i put a set of aluminum turbo wheels the checker looking ones. hard to explain but they came on alot of gl 10 turbo wagons. any who im gonna have them polished so thay are blingin as well. i might do the lugs in gold with the polished aluminum wheels. :grin: yeah baby. over all i think it will be sweet. i do think im gonna clear coat them just to preserv the gold leaf. :) ill take pics after i geter badged up.

PS any one knowa good adheasiv for puting them back on i know th double sided tape from 1980 isnt what i want to go with now. :burnout:

There is some stuff out there called "real metal foil" (google it) that's available at most hobby shops, it comes in a 8.5x11 sheet and is cheaper than gold leaf, and comes in many different colors. Works great for re-doing chromed plastic and the like, although you did an awesome job on those emblems! :banana:

thanks i will have to get them back on the car and take some pics any one know a good addhisiv for this ? thanks in advance Rob

3M Trim and Emblem Adhesive, you can get it at most auto body supply houses, try CarQuest.

Another good one is 3M makes a double-sticky foam tape that works GREAT for sticking emblems on, I used some to reattach the 4WD logo on my 84 wagon.

3M Trim and Emblem Adhesive, you can get it at most auto body supply houses, try CarQuest.

Another good one is 3M makes a double-sticky foam tape that works GREAT for sticking emblems on, I used some to reattach the 4WD logo on my 84 wagon.

I have a bunch of both in my box...

One nice thing about working for a bodyshop, I ended up with a lot of supplies because they lived in my box and I "forgot" to take them out:-p