Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bucky Is On His Way 2 His New Home

Sold for Grits and have pics to prove it...Backwoodsboy and Darlingchip just left to go back to NY after picking up Bucky.. They got tossed off the Taconic State Parkway for having a trailer but we were able to get them here.We loaded up the car..I fed them some slow cooker Chicken and Dumplins and we finished the deal.

I hope they check in when they get back to let me know the trip went OK..anyway..here are the pics:

Honestly...sold for grits:

Sold4Grits001.jpg

and the Buckster on the trailer:

Sold4Grits003.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we made it!

A few minor turn arounds (and MAN that dodge is thirsty!) ....but we're here!

Made ONE quick stop at McDs for a coffee

buck1.JPG

(and to show off some shiny subiness in the parkinglot)

THANK YOU CONNIE!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

.....anybody got any GRITS? :confused:

(I am currently out of stock.)

Yes.. I was sad to see him go and the driveway seems so empty now...but like I told John and Jess.... I would rather see the car used then just sitting around..He still has some good miles left in him and for being an east coast car all his life..is in pretty good shape.

It was kinda hard yesterday when I was washing him..telling him whats going on...but all if fine and he approved cause when John started him up to load him on the trailer...no ticky ticky and he just purred quietly. I had to laugh after warning John about the grabbiness of the new clutch;)

Bucky couldnt have gone to a better home ..thats for sure..and I am happy about it!

i guess its one thing to have one project car and one daily driver. Or to try and fix up your daily driver. I had a 73 monte carlo which i loved. I loved taht car. I only drove it during summers. My mom got remaired and told me i had to get rid of the car. Soon after that my girlfriend broke up with me and i didnt have anywhere to keep it. Under stress and severe depression i sold it. For a pitiful 1300 bucks. Soon after that the guy i sold it to choped the roof off and tried to make a lowrider out of it. I have seen it a couple times since then striped sitting on blocks in the back of a shop. Not to say that this is going to happen to bucky which im sure it wont. I guess what im getting at is there are always ones you regret letting go. Theres always the ones you dont want to let go. But sometimes youve got ot do what youve got to do.

Ben

Came home from work and everything just felt and looked empty....the driveway.. I went out to the garage and there hung his old licence plates.

But I do NOT regret my choice...John even said he thinks his Mom might take Buck over ..she had one just like him..so i will be curious at her reaction.

I really need to find myself another one soon...can't see life without an EA82

Reminds me to do the d/s axle on my Turbo Wagon. It looks just like that second one.

Looks like Bucky is in good hands.

Yes I was having tons of fun with that axle and the grease is still in my fingure nails until I cleaned it out with my knife:eek: :grin:

I'm going to feel like less of a man by saying this, but I wear latex gloves while working on my car. Keeps the fingernails clean for the ladies.