Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 ready for winter holiday

Alright it's the first Baja concept!! 4doors and a small bed! I think it looks good.

As for the school thing, Why? I'm smarter about other things in life. Plus i can ad pretty well. And i can read/type so i'm good. All self tought..

Okay so i won't have a G.E.D but i can still get a job.:)

:lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giggle if you want but i'm more down to earth and normal then half the kids around here that go to school.. I've been in alot of tight no money issues and know how the world works..

I'm not hidden away from the realality of life... And that's that.

BTW on a good note, Yeah i hope you don't drive that EA82 Baja in winter!:lol::eek:

I've been in alot of tight no money issues and know how the world works..

I'm hidden away from the realality of life... And that's that.

With no education, you will continue to be in alot of no money situations. Its alot harded to get a job these days without at least a ged. Hell, i have a high school education, and its hard to get a good job with just a high school diploma anymore.

Back on track, make sure that your cooling system is ready for the winter as well. Having frozen water in a engine block will make for a real bad day!

As for the school thing, Why? I'm smarter about other things in life. Plus i can ad pretty well. And i can read/type so i'm good. All self tought..

Okay so i won't have a G.E.D but i can still get a job.:)

This is why I find it extremely difficult to read any post you make.

Winter driving equipment in TX?

21+6tQHTB1L._AA160_.jpg

Done.

Word.

yea yea yea texas is the place where it gets 40 degrees and people are complaining how cold it is. thats convertable weather in iowa

Ben

Florida is the place where that starts happening at 60.

Check out this zoom from one of my "rust pictures" I took when I finally got a camera for my birthday last december.

decembergrass.jpg

Sure, there may be a weed or two.. but thats a beautiful, green, happy lawn. And a 12/18/2006 datestamp. It was about 70 degrees out, IIRC.

/gloat

as for this..

2 - People like you and your suburban are the reason I don't take the subaru, kia or acura out in crappy weather. :D

BURN!!!!:Flame:

Almost everyone regets the shortcomings of their education at some point in their life. Those who do not, usually feel particularly grateful for the LACK of shortcomings in their education.

Few people reach 65 years and say "I sure am glad I stopped going to school when I did!" be they high school dropout, HS grad with no college, college dropout, Degree holder, or graduate school dropout.

I understand where you are coming from right now, but even if you had six fingers on each hand and talked funny, and went to the high school from beverly hills 90210, it would still be safer to stay in school now and NOT take the chance of regretting it later. Many people succeed fine without high school education, but those numbers are dwindling with every passing generation.

Please, school is practice for life, and what little bit we are able to bestow on our high schoolers in America is still more than nothing. You WILL be a better person for graduating high school than you could be otherwise. Obviously there are things that happen that cause you to simply NOT have the option, and if you are somehow backed into a corner on this issue and have no real choice, I apologize for browbeating; but the importance of this matter cannot be overstated.

Don't get me wrong, I don't come from a pour family. My mom makes $17 an hour and dad makes $12 plus a 100hour pay check! That's pretty good money.. As for being a better person, IDK i know i'm a very nice guy.

I'll just get a cleaning job and maybe i'll get lucky i might get a job repairing vehicles or Small engines:) I can pretty much do anything. I've got the learning abilty and know how to do some things. I know most people have to have a Mecanic degree but who knows right... I'm really leval headed and know that some how life will work out.:grin:

So back to topic!! Make sure you put some Granoala bars in the glove box in case you get stranded!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't come from a pour family. My mom makes $17 an hour and dad makes $12 plus a 100hour pay check! That's pretty good money.. As for being a better person, IDK i know i'm a very nice guy.

I'll just get a cleaning job and maybe i'll get lucky i might get a job repairing vehicles or Small engines:) I can pretty much do anything. I've got the learning abilty and know how to do some things. I know most people have to have a Mecanic degree but who knows right... I'm really leval headed and know that some how life will work out.:grin:

So back to topic!! Make sure you put some Granoala bars in the glove box in case you get stranded!!

no, you cannot "pretty much do anything". your posts prove it. at least work on your GED. If you don't, asking someone "if they'd like fries with that", won't even be something that you're qualified to do.

If that's true, Then how come all these Mexacan's and such all have jobs? And i'm not being racil in anyway.. I'm just saying my dads a supervisor for a cleaning compeny and alot of the people either have no schooling at all or a little.. And they all have jobs.. And some of them can't even write/read at all!

And some of my posting is because i want to make sure i'm doing something right.. I've been finding some things are difrent with a soob then any other car...

So before this gets way out of hand cool down.. Please:)

-Tom

If that's true, Then how come all these Mexacan's and such all have jobs? And i'm not being racil in anyway.. I'm just saying my dads a supervisor for a cleaning compeny and alot of the people either have no schooling at all or a little.. And they all have jobs.. And some of them can't even write/read at all!

And some of my posting is because i want to make sure i'm doing something right.. I've been finding some things are difrent with a soob then any other car...

So before this gets way out of hand cool down.. Please:)

-Tom

:rolleyes:

Living like garbage? What would be your definition of living like garbage? I'm just curious. How old are you again? Have you ever had a real job? Busting your butt 40-80 hrs or more a week to make ends meat? To make the rent, pay bills, and whatever else comes up? I'm very thankful to have the job I have. I have full health benifits, which is great, because i would have been owing the hospital thousands of dollers without it after my wreck last week. Without a high school edecation, I would never have been able to get that job. Word of advice, you might want to listen more than you talk. Would you say that i am living like garbage cause i live in a single-wide mobile home? Just curious.

Mods and admins, you can delete this post if you feel needed. Sorry for the rant

Ok my definition of living like garbage? Is rat infested houses that are all taged up with gang signs and busted windows, And not being able to eat at all, Not having a car that runs nor having one with broke'en lights, windows, Gun shot holes, Can't take a shower.. Living in a cardboard box. that is what i think living like garbage is.

I will never be like that.. Ever!:eek:

No i don't think living in a trailer/mobile home is bad at all! Theres some really nice ones i've seen. I would live in one if i never married and had no kids, The only thing that kind of sucks is not having a garage. but i can deal with that.:) So i dident mean for the miss-understanding or to upset you man. Sorry.

Best to get back to the topic before the mods or Admin shut this thread down ok.:)

-Tom

I decided to delete my last post because i feel that it was a little out of line. I got a little hot headed. We are all on this forum because we all share a common interest in subarus. We all help each other keep these cars on the road(or in the dirt) and this forum has definatly helped me keep my old Loyale going(well, its not going now, clutch is toast).

So, thats that, back to the topic at hand, getting ready for winter. Carrying a set of tire chains ain't a bad idea either for those in snow country(my old brat was about unstoppable) Heck, It don't even snow down here in the Carolina, but I carry chains in my wagon, as they really help in the thick mud and muck, just watch for rocks.

Hey yeah it's ok. No worrys alright!

Yeah if this site was not here i would not know about the oil pump/T-belts.. And i would have never met all the nice people on here.:)

As for the tire chains we can't have those up here in Wisconsin. There illeagl. Dunno why, I guess there was to may reports of them flying off and such. So that's why i'm going to buy a foldable shovle in the rear..

Well, here are a couple subie pics. The snowy ones are from my old 92 loyale in the rockies outside canmore ab. There was so much snow I was plowing it. Man I love 4wd's with new snow tires! :grin:

The other is the "new" subie. It has my 3 bike rack, but will have ski racks soon!

I carry:

30 metre tow rope

tire chains

tool kit (sockets, pliers, vice grips, screwdrivers, wire, tape, zip ties, allan keys, hammer, leatherman, electrical tape, and more)

wind up led flashlight (no dead batteries to worry about, so rad!)

extra oil

extra washer fluid

colapsable (sp) shovel

gloves

candles and lighter

flares

traffic triangles

extensive first aid kit

bits of rope and bungees

water (i know, it freezes)

ice scraper and snow brush

lock de-icer

passport (hey, you never know when you might need to flee the country :) )

$20

air pressure tester

dog stuff

2 fleece blankets

1 large garbage bag

4 small garbage bags

paper towel

I think that's it. I love the storage under the rear seats and in the rear compartments.

I will take a picture one of these days. Both our cars have a list like this in them.

-Richard

post-20946-136027625381_thumb.jpg

post-20946-136027625388_thumb.jpg

post-20946-136027625395_thumb.jpg

Wow that's alot of stuff!! Can you dit in ur car?:lol: Anyhoo i like the pics of your wagons.. The first one is so caked with snow:banana: Cool..

And as for the compartment under the rear seats, I never knew that untill a few months ago. I was messing around and saw this black strap so i pulled it and sure enough the seat came up!!:banana:

So that's cool..

-Tom

storage under the seats????? do oyu meen that the seat just comes up? thats so you can lay the back seats down there is no compartment under them. unless the loyale or leone is way different then a GL in that case i would be gettinga loyale and swaping a 5 speed D/R and carbed ea82 into it :grin:

PS my car isnt a baja/brat concept its a brat X cab. and the rear doors arnt functional.

Rob.