Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 ready for winter holiday

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might just put one on my cb ant. Its mounted in the center of the roof and is about 6 ft. tall. I'd have to find one big candycane. If I could find a flouresnt(I think I spelled that right) buld to go up inside of it, the RF would light it up when I key up the mic!

Heres another thing i've seen a few times. People wrap there hole grill in Christmas paper...:rolleyes: and put bow's on there head lights:-\ Strange? I think so:lol:

Whats a hole grill?

Some folks like to go a little overboard on the whole decorating thing.

Whats a hole grill?

Some folks like to go a little overboard on the whole decorating thing.

Whole grill! :lol:

I know some people get carried away. Oh yeah heres another thing i saw once. Some how this guy got wraping paper to stick to his wheels so it coverd the rims!?:rolleyes: It's getting worse every year.

-Tom

And another point, Keep you're tires about 1-1/2lbs to 2lbs from max PSI! We don't want a blow out..

what?

while we most definitely do not want a "blowout", keeping your tires close to the recommended psi on the door jam might be a better suggestion than the one above.

Why?

I would just see what the max PSI is on the tire. And then keep it like 2psi lower then that. So lets say the max PSI on the tire is 35psi then put 33-34psi. You can't reliy on what the door jam says since i'm sure you have bought new tires by now. But anyhoo always keep your tires about a 1 to 2psi lower then the max on that tire.

Just in case no one knows, Heres the reason why.

Ok when driving the tires are becoming warmer and heat will build pressure in the tire so if you put the max PSI in the tire and drive it you might be at risk for a tire failure. So that's why you put 1 or 2psi lower then max so the extra pressure has a place to go and won't over stretch the tire and cause shorter life of the tire. Hope someone understands what i'm saying.

-Tom

Why?

I would just see what the max PSI is on the tire. And then keep it like 2psi lower then that. So lets say the max PSI on the tire is 35psi then put 33-34psi. You can't reliy on what the door jam says since i'm sure you have bought new tires by now. But anyhoo always keep your tires about a 1 to 2psi lower then the max on that tire.

Just in case no one knows, Heres the reason why.

Ok when driving the tires are becoming warmer and heat will build pressure in the tire so if you put the max PSI in the tire and drive it you might be at risk for a tire failure. So that's why you put 1 or 2psi lower then max so the extra pressure has a place to go and won't over stretch the tire and cause shorter life of the tire. Hope someone understands what i'm saying.

-Tom

:-\

If you reallty want to get super technical about it, the proper psi varies from one cae to another depending on tire brand, size and how the car is loaded.

Here is one way to find out what pressure to run in your tires.

Put air in the tires(this is a given) Take a piece of chalk and draw a line across the tread surface of all 4 tires. Hopefully you are already a your favorite streach of pavement that you can drive in a straight line for a block or so. Jump in the car and drive about the said distance of about a block or so. Now hop out of the car, and look at the line drawn across the tread. See where it wore down. If the chalk line wore down on just the edges, tire is underinflated. Wore down chalk line in the center, overinflated. Add air, or let out some air, redraw chalk lines, and keep doing this until the line is weaing evenly across the tread. When its wearing evenly across the tread, that is your correct tire pressure.

Before anyone asks, no I haven't done this in my subie yet. I did do this in my old 4x4 toyota pickup when i stll had it about 5 years ago, though, and it turned out all I needed was 23 psi in the rears unloaded, and 27psi or so. I think I might do this on my wagon in the next couple of months to see what I come up with.

Do yourself a favor, The Loyale, and go back to school!!!

Watched a blowout on a Tahoe or a Yukon or one a them bloated SUVs on I-90 today in between Eau Claire and Tomah, WI. Surprisingly uneventful although when the separated tread face finally got traction and came skittering back across the right-hand lane with a solid bead on me in my rental it did get a bit more puckery than I'd ordinarily like to see.

So kids::: Check your tire pressure.