Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Main Bearing Part Numbers

Rebuilding a 2.5 DOHC Outback 1998, It has 197000 miles on it. Bought new OEM Main and Rod Bearings from the dealer. Rod bearings are way smaller in size and are going back. The Main bearings have a different part number on the back? The old ones read S8BK X4, the new ones are S6CI E4? Are these the same size? Did a Plastigage oil clearance test, and it reads .002, this is out of specs. Book states .0016 is max. Normal is .0004 - .0012 . Haven't miked the crank yet, I'm sure its worn down, if these are the correct bearings. Part number on the box is correct for standard size 12209AA200.

Can anyone explain the numbers on the back of the bearings? :eek:

Hi blaze and welcome.gif to the board!

Here's some part # info...appears to be different depending on build date...

12209AA000 BEARING SET FOR CRANKSHAFT FOR 1995-1998 LEGACY OUTBACK & SUS ALL 2.2 & 2.5 (item B) (FOR CARS PRODUCED UPTO 10 of 97) (oversize sets available if needed)

12209AA160 BEARING SET FOR CRANKSHAFT FOR 1998 LEGACY OUTBACK & SUS 2.5 ALL (FOR 98 CARS PRODUCED AFTER 10 of 97) (oversize sets available if needed)

Thanks a million, I was hoping they made a mistake with the main bearings as they did with the rod bearigs :banana:

Does anyone know the correct part number for the rod bearings? The ones they gave me (12108AA530) are for another engine, maybe 2.2?

Thanx again for the info, you guys rock :headbang:

OH YEA, mine was built in 4/98.