Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More ea82 abuse!! Why do people try to...

These are people with too much time, no respect for nothing and no brain.

Maybe there´s a poor family which needs a car. But they don´t think about things like that. They believe these old Subarus are useless junk that no one wants or needs.

Make it better! Theach your children respect, in every way you can! Cause time´s getting harder, and people are getting angrier, more bored and a lot more violent.

Lukas :-\

These are people with too much time, no respect for nothing and no brain.

Maybe there´s a poor family which needs a car. But they don´t think about things like that. They believe these old Subarus are useless junk that no one wants or needs.

Lukas :-\

Man why is there soo much of this abuse?? No Subaru should ever go thru that!

The first video is stupid, You can hear the car has no power. It must have a vac leak and a cyclender not fireing.. :mad: It's sad! :(

And the second vid is just as bad. The guy has no brakes so what does he do when he wants to stop.... Thru's it in reverse.. Putting all that stress on that trans and axes..

And in the 3rd one he's really pushing it. I'm getting tired of all this stuff. And it's all over Youtube i've seen this one guy wreck a blue Legacy wagon in a field, three times he hit a Bronco II and it still kept going. Kids now days have to remorse.

-Tom

I think us Subaru folks should teach him a a thing or two..:Flame:

But it also hurts me when I see EA82s in really good condition without a roof and no fenders for offroad use. They are driven offroad until the body is completely damaged and after this abuse they are parted out. Another EA82 is gone! Examples here in the gallery...

They produced 3.8 million Leone, I know, but in europe, the EA82 is nearly completely gone (rust!) and in a few years, there won´t be a lot EA82s left.

Lukas

They are completely rusted away in europe, you don´t see them on the road anymore. Farmers used them as farm cars without license plates, tuners used them as winter cars and crushed them in spring, there are just no old subarus before the Legacy I left.

And I am sure in a few years there won´t be EA82´s left in the US too.

Why?

1. Subaru freaks use them as winter cars => rust => parted out/crushed

2. Subaru freaks use them as offroad rigs => body damage => parted out/crushed

3. "Average" people don´t like them and forget them => crushed

4. Stupid kids use them for their "car abuse"-videos => crushed

5. Accidents, custom projects and junkyards will do the rest...

I think there must be a change in thinking, even for the subaru freaks!

EA82´s are no winter daily drivers anymore, EA82´s are´nt off road rigs you don´t have to care for, they are very charismatic cars, and now they are all on the way to cars heaven because nobody cars for them!

I believe now it´s time to buy an EA82 (or two, or three... :lol: ) in good condition to keep it stock and watch the others go to the crusher. Because in a few years you all will be happy to own an old stock Subaru GL or DL or Loyale (Best selling import wagon!!!) in good condition. There time will come, believe me. And I fear, if it´s going on like this, it will be to late...

If you want to drive offroad with a subaru, use Legacys or Justys, but please keep the EA82´s alive and stock! In a few years you will thank me for this!

I have owned a beautiful very low mileage EA82 Touring Wagon, but sold it to a drunk idiot who does´nt care for this beauty and now its dented, rusty and mechanically in bad shape too. In a few years it will go to the crusher, and one of the last EA82 in austria ever will be gone. Sometimes I think of me as a stupid idiot... :mad:

I am searching for another EA82 in good condition to keep it stock and clean until it´s an oldtimer, but there are nearly no left. I have the money and I am willing to pay a very good price fot a very good car, but all my money is useless because there are just no EA82 left...

In europe, it´s to late, but you in the US have the chance to change this situation! Take your chance, it may be the last!

Lukas

post-5790-136027625789_thumb.jpg

You know i agree with some of your comments, And yeah theres alot of kids that just beat them and normal people just forget about the little wagon.

But there are alot of people that take them trail rideing and care about them vary much! I know i'll be one. Check out AUSubaru.com and you'll see tons of pictures of lifted EA82 wagons that are really nice. I know some people just hack them up and beat them off-road but trail rideing/path finding is just to get away from life, And injoy your soob and see what it can do.

Us ture Subaru owners care about are cars, So there is a big difrence between people that just drive subarus then the people that know and care about Subaru's..

-Tom

They are completely rusted away in europe, you don´t see them on the road anymore. Farmers used them as farm cars without license plates, tuners used them as winter cars and crushed them in spring, there are just no old subarus before the Legacy I left.

And I am sure in a few years there won´t be EA82´s left in the US too.

Why?

1. Subaru freaks use them as winter cars => rust => parted out/crushed

2. Subaru freaks use them as offroad rigs => body damage => parted out/crushed

3. "Average" people don´t like them and forget them => crushed

4. Stupid kids use them for their "car abuse"-videos => crushed

5. Accidents, custom projects and junkyards will do the rest...

I think there must be a change in thinking, even for the subaru freaks!

EA82´s are no winter daily drivers anymore, EA82´s are´nt off road rigs you don´t have to care for, they are very charismatic cars, and now they are all on the way to cars heaven because nobody cars for them!

I believe now it´s time to buy an EA82 (or two, or three... :lol: ) in good condition to keep it stock and watch the others go to the crusher. Because in a few years you all will be happy to own an old stock Subaru GL or DL or Loyale (Best selling import wagon!!!) in good condition. There time will come, believe me. And I fear, if it´s going on like this, it will be to late...

If you want to drive offroad with a subaru, use Legacys or Justys, but please keep the EA82´s alive and stock! In a few years you will thank me for this!

I have owned a beautiful very low mileage EA82 Touring Wagon, but sold it to a drunk idiot who does´nt care for this beauty and now its dented, rusty and mechanically in bad shape too. In a few years it will go to the crusher, and one of the last EA82 in austria ever will be gone. Sometimes I think of me as a stupid idiot... :mad:

I am searching for another EA82 in good condition to keep it stock and clean until it´s an oldtimer, but there are nearly no left. I have the money and I am willing to pay a very good price fot a very good car, but all my money is useless because there are just no EA82 left...

In europe, it´s to late, but you in the US have the chance to change this situation! Take your chance, it may be the last!

Lukas

you can't stop at any intersection without seeing an EA82/81 out here. the'yre not going anywhere soon. :)

Yeah i've only seen about 4-5 EA82's on the road. But it could just be where i live. I don't go to far away from home. I'll stay in Waukesha CO mostly. And every time i see another EA82 it's always someone that's not a subaru peoson. They just drive it and think of it like its a ragular car. Wish i could see a true Soob person on the road... If any of you see me some time beep your horn!!:banana:

But that's true the EA81's-82's aren't going anywhere soon..:)

Yeah i've only seen about 4-5 EA82's on the road. But it could just be where i live. I don't go to far away from home. I'll stay in Waukesha CO mostly. And every time i see another EA82 it's always someone that's not a subaru peoson. They just drive it and think of it like its a ragular car. Wish i could see a true Soob person on the road... If any of you see me some time beep your horn!!:banana:

But that's true the EA81's-82's aren't going anywhere soon..:)

how do you know if it's a "true subaru person" driving down the road? who knows, they might possibly possess even more knowledge and be way more into their soob than you. open your mind a bit.

Alright, No self respecting soob owner would strick a fart can muffler on an EA82 sedan.. but there was one EA82 sedan i saw in wakesha once. It was blue and was at a place on Hwy J. but i don't see it anymore?

Oh and maybe this one wagon was a soob person.. But i wish there was a someone in waukesha CO. that had an old soob and was on this site!!!

I just drive mine. Ok, I haven't had it on the road in months, but when it was on the road, I just "drove" it. Its more of a workhorse than anything. I don't give a flying fart about the body on it as its not a priority to knock the dents out. The frame and running gear is solid. The motor runs great. I don't flat out beat the snot out of it, but I definatly don't bady it. Once I get the clutch in it, it will be back on the road doing dd duty. My honda couldnt do half of what this car can. The only reason I got the Honda was because I got a really good deal on it. I was going to clean it up and sell it, but I got in a wreck with it. Man, you would problebly s--t if you seen the things I have done with that old Loyale.

Hey i'm the same way. My car runs pretty good and everything is solid. And like you, I don't beat it but i don't baby it either. I drive the way a soob should be drivin. And i don't care about dents/dings i've got alot of them i just don't like rust so i fix that and keep it waxed and paint the underside/running gear ect... As long as my car runs good, No issues at all and no rust! I'm happy.

So i'm not a puss that treats his car like a little baby.:grin::lol:

Don't get me wrong. I do drive like an old man alot.. Some times doing 20 in a 25mph. But i'm not affraid to feed the gas to a limit....

And yep shes got A/C. But needs a recharge. No cold air.... I don't need it anyway. I'm a soob owner.. A man of the wilderness:lol:

Doing the speed limit is not putt-putting. It's following the rules

I am bad ...especially when I drive the XT6...45-50 in 30 zones ( unless its residential) usually around 80+ highway...and I beat the snot out of it..but it likes it..seems to run better if I dont baby it..I have pegged the speedo too ( at 135:eek: ) ...I am always a 10 or more over the speed limit kind of driver...I know..I am bad.

back on subject...around here the whole EA series is becoming rarer by the day..I have seen maybe 8 EA82s and 3 EA81s around...and toss in the XTs..even less...I pretty much know who has them