Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Did it Went Real New Gen!!

I don't think you'll have any regrets here. I bought an '00 Legacy GT LTD with all the toys brand new. New model and all. Put alot of miles on that car and it only went in the shop for two recalls. (o2 sensor and rear x-member rust proofing). Only sold it when I needed the cash when the house buliding went overbudget. You will have a good car that will last you a long, long time now...:headbang:

-Doug

I never even think of going with a first year model or redesign ..wait till the bugs are worked out...I look at my bill of sale sitting onmy desk and dont think its real. I have dreamed for many years about a brand new Subaru.

NewSoob.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: Congratulations, Connie! :clap: :clap: :clap: We are so happy for you! I guess that new job is finally allowing you to live like a real person, instead of one that searches the couch for loose change. :grin:

It's what happens to good people.

~Myles & Connie~

awww.. i'd bet there's pleanty of "real" people that search their couch for loose change. :-p

You DEFINITELY have to get those windows tinted.

I didn't like the way they looked at first either... but after reading some interesting facts (engine sitting lower in chassis, high strength steel at high stress points) I really started to appreciate them more.

And it does look more like other cars in the sense that they're more "modern" looking, but there's still no doubt about what it is when you see it cruising down the road. It still looks like a Subaru to me.

Congradulations on your well deserved purchase. :banana::headbang::burnout::clap:

P.S. I'm sure Bucky would approve as long as it makes you happy.

Sorry wrong forum...but..you all are so close to me...I went and did it today.I am now the proud owner (OK well ..I pick it up Thursday or Friday) of a 2008 Impreza 5 door 5 spd 2.5i Satin Pearl White with roof rack :slobber: :slobber: Wow a brand new Subaru!I am :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: My current 93 imp will be for sale soon cheap. pics as soon as the car is here

:headbang: :headbang: Hotshot!!!!!!! ;)

Nice one Connie, having the opportunity to buy a new car is a great feeling aint it? We only have a small dealership here in New Orleans but when I got my Wrex and it finally came in from Jap, I literally had them put it in their tiny show room so I could drive it out :)

When I got mine, it was the first WRX they brought over to the states so I was a little apprehensive also but Subaru do build quality cars - the only recalls theu had were tiny niggling issues that were quickly fixed.

Subaru even sponsored a race day for all owners of new Wrexs and said at the start of the day "Don't worry, we'll still honor your warranty if you bring it in tomorrow with a broken A/C" ! ! Smacks of confidence in their product..

Steve

They did, its called the 2008 Forester Sports 2.5 XT

IMG_6901.jpg

There is one of those at a dealership here that is completely STi'd out.

I would have loved to buy that instead of the Acura (Not that I don't like my 270HP honda :lol: ), But my wife hates the forester.

Nice one Connie, having the opportunity to buy a new car is a great feeling aint it? We only have a small dealership here in New Orleans but when I got my Wrex and it finally came in from Jap, I literally had them put it in their tiny show room so I could drive it out :)

When I got mine, it was the first WRX they brought over to the states so I was a little apprehensive also but Subaru do build quality cars - the only recalls theu had were tiny niggling issues that were quickly fixed.

Subaru even sponsored a race day for all owners of new Wrexs and said at the start of the day "Don't worry, we'll still honor your warranty if you bring it in tomorrow with a broken A/C" ! ! Smacks of confidence in their product..

Steve

I was suprised at this dealership..I have had bad dealings with them in the past and even reported them to SOA ..then went in awhile back when the 08 was just released to see one in person..ended up talking to one of the co-owners in the company...He said he would make right anything bad that happened in the past..he heard the story of my devotion and love to the cars..was suprised at my Subaru tattoo...etc..When I went in earlier last week to discuss actually buying either a new/used or a new/new.. I went to the same Co-owner guy..he tossed me a plate and the keys to one of the 08s and said to "have fun" When I got back he had the big owner there and he said he told him the whole deal..the big big guy said that they WILL get me into that car at what I want to pay. On Sat when I went in again after a believed turn down..and we did the whole ordering of the car and all..the dealer said that its sales like this that they love...Ones where the buyer is almost in tears and holding back wanting to scream....Not just the "Yeah bought a new car:-\ " people.

Can't wait to pick it up :banana: :banana:

Congrats Connie! My friend had a 2000 Impreza that got rear ended last month. He drove an '08 and loved it! He bought it the same week. The new designs always take a little while to grow on me, but I like it. I even like the '06/'07 design now, enough that I'm going to look at one tonight. Oh, and don't worry too much about getting corrupted by owning a new one. I started of with several older Loyales, GLs, and what not. Even though I've had New/Newer roos for the past 4 years, it's my 88 RX that I can't wait to get to work on!

Cheers!

OMG, the two tone Imp looks just so... ugly... :-\

I am glad we don´t get them over here. But also with the single color paint, it looks like a Mazda 3. It also sounds like a Mazda 3. But the interior of the Mazda 3 has a lot more quality.

I was so disappointed when I saw the interior of the 08 Imp. The dash is made of very cheap plastic, the inside of the doors is just cheap plastic, it´s just not premium.

The old 05/06/07 dash is soft when you touch it, the new dash is only made of hard and cheap plastic.

Maybe the outside look will grow on me, but the inside won´t.

Lukas

:clap: You upgraded:headbang:

Now the only complaining I want to hear is about the gas prices:grin:

I'm happy for you...of course you know that.

And Melis... I am coming down to your house Sat..see how bad gas is going to be on this thing...rated at 20 city 27 highway:-\ ....2 more days...I am so excited..