Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 Legacy OBW

CEL light is on, code says something about EGR flow. I've read all the posts and how to make sure there is no obstruction. Just don't know where the thing is. Does anyone have a diagram of the parts I should be checking? Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have had quite a few instances of it being the EGR transducer which is that plastic disc with the green label right in front of the EGR valve. Unfortunately the easiest way I have found to trouble shoot this is to have test parts hanging around, all of the parts interchange for all of the ealy style (95-99) cars.

Be sure to check the vacuum line on the right side of the engine that goes to the map sensor on the right shock tower. There is a inline filter that plugs up and sets the same code. The filter is a round plastic cylinder. If you blow thru the line you can tell if it is plugged. When the filter plugs the map does not see the drop in vacuum when the EGR is activated and assumes it is not working. Then it sets the code.:eek: