Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what would you pay for a twin turbo legacy

so i am building a 96 legacy gtb for a customer and i am wondering what the market is for these cars, ill give the specs

i want to know what you would be willing to pay for the car

so i can guage wether or not to try and build another and sell it

1996-99 legacy mail car (US car with clear US title) in good shape

1996-99 BG5-GTB ej20h twin turbo with manual trans and posi rear(4.44 ratio)

white line springs/kyb agx adjustable shocks/whiteline sways

wrx brakes wheels tires(drilled brembos/EBC greenstuffs)

JDM projector headlights

JDM power folding mirrors

JDM gtb front bumper

USDM legacy OB hood with scoop

with power windows and a/c

no anti lock brakes

new wheel bearings and axles all round, sti mounts(motor and trans)

stock interior

i know how much it costs to build and how much i would need to sell it for to make it worth will

but i want to know what people that know would be willing to pay

thanks

scrapdaddy

Pet peeve time....

its a holiday weekend here in the US. You may not get responses from people who know how to answer till monday.

Responses tend to be a little slow on weekends as it is.

i read USMB when not at home, but dont always respond till i get home.

Now for me, i wouldnt pay anything for one, i would expect a free one to be in my driveway

:lol:

nipper

i didn't respond because i don't have anything good to say, nothing you want to hear. my recommendation is to not base business decisions on responses you get to this thread. price depends on many things, particularly the market and how you plan to enter the market. the quicker you want to sell the less your price will likely be. the more marketing you can do the better. i don't think this is an ideal market place for the feedback you're looking for either.

guys i know this is the WRONG place to ask this question

this is the cheapskate crew

i have learned that lesson with "jakdup" 84 lifted wagon---couldn't sell it

and my RX wagon-couldnt sell it

and other builds,

i know i cant sell it here

ill sell it on EBAY

im just getting opinions from those

who would if they could

we are the subaru fanatics right???

5k tops. Personally I wouldn't want a RHD car cause I think it is stupid. Engineer that twin turbo into a LHD car and make it work right and then you would have something. I personally don't like 4.44's either...I like fast more then I like quick and I hate hearing motors scream going down the highway at 80mph.

just one persons opinion.

engineering the motor into LHD is a total ***************, all custum plumbing, increase cost by 2500, HP gain of 62 though, but total pain

and 4.44 becouse thats the way the come, i can make them anyhting though,

single turbo conversion with the twin motor is an nice ride too

and that can be fit into a LHD

and its a 10k car

I plan on purchasing a Legacy Wagon Spec-B TT next fall when they become legal to import. I will pay somewhere in the $4k-$5k range (including shipping), depending on the condition it is in at the auction. That's what I would pay for a toy with the TT in it.

now that was the right answer

im looking at importing too

but really you have to fill a container to make it worth while

and the cost would be more like 5k-7.5k

after puchasing the car, importing the car, then repairing all the

needed items(wheel bearings and axle's tune-ups)

you need to sell them for 7500 to make anything off them,

and its pretty much the same for building them

1500 for mail car, 1500 for drivetrain, 1500-3000 for repiars(mail cars are beaten into submision)

you end up needing to get 7500 to make anything

and with the upgrades it shoots straight to 10k

ther you have it

Howdy neighbor.

At the 5-7k range, if you can have a clean, presentable looking vehicle I think people would snatch them up as fast as you could build them. An AWD TT car with more hp for less than a WRX? To tell you the truth, I plan on purchasing a WRX in the next year or two, but I would really have to consider a TT legacy, especially since you are just on the other side of the mountain from me.. Got any pictures?

Word to what Hotshot said. He's right on the money, so to speak.

If you can build a nice one for $6000, I'll fly over and drive it home next week. Seriously...I've been looking for an excuse to let my old boat of an Outback hit the bricks in favor of something quicker.

Make it happen for $5k and I'm pretty sure I can get a dozen friends to purchase some of their own, too.

here is an issue...are you going to do 1995 and older cars? Here where I live in PA a 96 has to pass an OBD2 test for emissions. Is there any way to get around this issue? I'd like to see some pics too if you have any to share...color me curious but I'm thinking single turbo in a LHD car. Any chance of using a gen 1 legacy?

My baja has 4.44 gears (this is for that other guy in this thread) and it turns in the upper 3k range at 80 mph which sucks to me.

subeman

ill build you naything you want

ive shoved wrx into gl-10's

whatever you can dream up

i can build

as to the other fellows comment about TT

i think the TT makes a nice street setup

but a supercharger would act the same

single T's have lag but there are ways around that too

but really for a daily driver 300-350 is all you need

and thats easy with TT and just nice manifolds

scrapdaddy

I've considered building one of these. I've been kicking around the idea of a rhd TT outback wagon. But rather than use a beat to death mail car, I'd buy a whole front clip from one of the importers. Rather than the hack job some people do with imported rhd clips, I'd take the time to pull all the parts, drill out all the spot welds from both the donor clip and the car, reweld everthing nicely and put it back together. The prices quoted are fair and about what I'd charge. I don't know if there is a big market for it out there. In any state with OBD2 emissions checks, this would be a big no-no. The JDM motors aren't OBD2.

even the boondocks here in PA are going to have to do emissions someday...if I was to do this it would have to be a 95 and older car. For some unknown reason i would love to have a 90 legacy sedan with 300hp :banana:

hmmmm that 90 legacy blue color with 17" sti bbs wheels and the brakes to back it up a front lsd and a mild drop with coilovers and 3.90 gears for some top speed fun :headbang: might be time to start scratching $$$$ together