Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what would you pay for a twin turbo legacy

The reason I stated $4k-$5k for a '93 Legacy TT is as follows. I've done my homework and viewed Japanese auction house websites using Bablefish to translate and checked a list of over 29,000 past auctions to see what price the '93 Legacy TTs have been going for in their respective conditions over the previous 6 months. I am expecting the prices may go higher due to other interested parties and higher demand come next fall.

$500 - The fee for having a company forward me information about upcoming vehicles that match my criteria and then put in the bid and purchase the vehicle for me. They then have it taken to their garage and give it a thorough inspection and forward me detailed photos as well as videos of the vehicle running. I have 3 days to decide if this is the vehicle that I want, at that point I can say no and they take it back to the auction house to be put back on the market. We move onto more potential vehicles at that point. Their fee includes taking it to the shipyard.

~$800 The price of having it shipped to Vancouver where I pick it up, this includes $10,000 in shipping insurance. The shipping fee is based on the size of the vehicle. One should always be ready to see damage on the vehicle from shipping and pay the extra $$$ for insurance to cover it.

~$2300 This is the average price for a 3.5 rated '93 Legacy TT (as of my research in July of this year) with 80,000 km or less. Add another $500-$1000 for a 4.0 rating and lower mileage. 4.5 ratings of this year are very rare and the price goes up considerably.

I've budgeted another $1000-$1500 for repairs and have no trouble paying more if the vehicle has a higher rating. The auction house inspectors that do the ratings on the vehicles are very thorough, so you know what you are getting as far as the interior and exterior condition before the sale.

My biggest reason for owning one is how unique the car will be in my area. I see Skylines absolutely everywhere, nothing new about those. 280-300 HP in a light car such as this would be pure fun without having to break the bank. I don't expect to take it to the track, but I wouldn't mind seeing a head or two turn. :D

The reason I stated $4k-$5k for a '93 Legacy TT is as follows. I've done my homework and viewed Japanese auction house websites using Bablefish to translate and checked a list of over 29,000 past auctions to see what price the '93 Legacy TTs have been going for in their respective conditions over the previous 6 months. I am expecting the prices may go higher due to other interested parties and higher demand come next fall.

$500 - The fee for having a company forward me information about upcoming vehicles that match my criteria and then put in the bid and purchase the vehicle for me. They then have it taken to their garage and give it a thorough inspection and forward me detailed photos as well as videos of the vehicle running. I have 3 days to decide if this is the vehicle that I want, at that point I can say no and they take it back to the auction house to be put back on the market. We move onto more potential vehicles at that point. Their fee includes taking it to the shipyard.

~$800 The price of having it shipped to Vancouver where I pick it up, this includes $10,000 in shipping insurance. The shipping fee is based on the size of the vehicle. One should always be ready to see damage on the vehicle from shipping and pay the extra $$$ for insurance to cover it.

~$2300 This is the average price for a 3.5 rated '93 Legacy TT (as of my research in July of this year) with 80,000 km or less. Add another $500-$1000 for a 4.0 rating and lower mileage. 4.5 ratings of this year are very rare and the price goes up considerably.

I've budgeted another $1000-$1500 for repairs and have no trouble paying more if the vehicle has a higher rating. The auction house inspectors that do the ratings on the vehicles are very thorough, so you know what you are getting as far as the interior and exterior condition before the sale.

My biggest reason for owning one is how unique the car will be in my area. I see Skylines absolutely everywhere, nothing new about those. 280-300 HP in a light car such as this would be pure fun without having to break the bank. I don't expect to take it to the track, but I wouldn't mind seeing a head or two turn. :D

well you got it worked out now dont ya.......

5k tops. Personally I wouldn't want a RHD car cause I think it is stupid. Engineer that twin turbo into a LHD car and make it work right and then you would have something. I personally don't like 4.44's either...I like fast more then I like quick and I hate hearing motors scream going down the highway at 80mph.

just one persons opinion.

Isn't that twin turbo engine only compatible with RHD cars? I've seen them on ebay and it says on those auctions you can't put the engine into your LHD car because something gets in the way of one of the turbos.

Probably why he's going to use it in a LHD car.

For a while I was looking every day on craigslist for a early 90s Turbo 5speed legacy sedan to replace my non turbo legacy wagon. I kind of gave up because the only ones I found on there were wrecked cars. Oh, and one that had a frankenstein engine made of of WRX and legacy engines with a blown head gasket.

I wouldn't buy one that was put together by someone else. I don't trust anyone to put together a car that I'm going to drive. Unless it was done by a reputable professional shop.

I think most people who want a turbo car probably feel this way too.

your right about why we use the LHD cars for twin turbo motors

they actually fit and it saves a crapload of work fabricating bits

i have turbo gen 1 legacy if your interested, great motor ugly car(purple)

and I AM A REAL SHOP< WITH A GREAT LOCAL REPUTATION

all i build are hot rods (any car thats faster than stock)

and subaru maintanence(plus subaru rally cars)

thats also why my prices are higher than board members like

real shops are not cheap, and real well built cars are not cheap