Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Could A Clogged PCV cause.......

I would vote for plugs and wires to check first...and if you are concerned about PCV go a head and change it-if you havent changed on car then it may need to bechanged anyay. Not meaning to sound like a heathen, I use autolite plugs, parts store wires(insist on the lifetime guarenty ones), Stant thermostats, etc on my subies, no problems.

Also check for cracked vac lines and leaks in accessories-they can cause you to chase many other things.

no i have a ton of oil leaks but thats just a subaru for you....no its not burning oil....i noticed that the cyl 2 and cyl 4 Fuel Injector plugs were swapped...i swapped them back and now it seems as though everything is fine....i let it idle for about 30 minutes and no codes and i didnt hear the miss at all.....all good for now!

[...]i noticed that the cyl 2 and cyl 4 Fuel Injector plugs were swapped...i swapped them back and now it seems as though everything is fine....i let it idle for about 30 minutes and no codes and i didnt hear the miss at all.....all good for now!

How did you identify which connector was which so that you knew they were swapped?

Well i have been reading some posts on here about how the white connectors are for the front 2 cylinders and the black/gray connectors are for the rear two cylinders....also i was browsing over a wiring diagram and just shot a look at the wire colors......im so thankful that it wasnt an internal engine problem....the car does have 185,000 miles on it....