Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have you met my stalker that always has pictures?

:clap::banana: :-p

nipper

Awesome. A pic is worth a thousand words. I was just telling my coworker how great this site is. Maybe someday you guys can fix the car for me through virtual reality. If I can't get a CEL, and I have to start looking at these sensors and such, I assume I'll start with the least costly...how much for the CTS and for the regulator?

Right on, 'throwing parts at it' is typically the most expensive and often most time consuming, and frustrating way to go, especially on a problem like this that could have many different causes.

Step one is some good old troubleshooting.

But since you asked, the ECTS is about $30 I think for the OEM part I don't remember for sure (note there is another sensor right next to the ECTS - which is the CTS but that is for the temp gauge). OEM FPR is about $100 I think it is.

Gte yourself the haynes manual first, lets not start blindly replacing parts :)

Well I went home last night after work and a friend helped me push the car in the garage and I it started right up and I ran it for a couple of minutes and revved it up...worked fine. This a.m. I started it and it died again instantly and would not restart........I don't get it. I never had a CEL last night when it was running. After sitting outside all day yesterday and starting, I think I can rule out a frozen fuel line. I thought last night that maybe it was something in the fuel line that worked its way through but then this morning I am back to the same problem. What to do next? I would think that the fuel pump is ok now too. Does this sound like a CTS problem? If it is not showing a CEL and I get it scoped, will it let me know the problem?

This is sounding like either a CTS problem or a cam/crank position issue.

Get the haynes book and it will tell you how to test each item. I would test them after the car stalls.

If you have no spark (easy pull a plug wire) then its the crank sensor.

nipper