Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The AC tensioner on my '95 Leg. is broken as well. It's not a problem until it rains and then is squeals something terrible. Been looking for that part for a while now with no luck. How were you able to tighten yours?

Why the ^%$ did they make it out of plastic anyway?!

I had the same problem....everything with the tensioner is fine...just the little plastic hole for the adjusting bolt is broken...i got a wicked noise from that....anyways if you have any junkyards out there.....grab one from them....i think i got 2 of them just in case and it ran me like 10$

I had the same problem....everything with the tensioner is fine...just the little plastic hole for the adjusting bolt is broken...i got a wicked noise from that....anyways if you have any junkyards out there.....grab one from them....i think i got 2 of them just in case and it ran me like 10$

Yep, same deal, the plastic cracked. I've looked in every yard in my area with no luck. :-\

On my engine, it's steel (96 2.2L)

Really? WTF? My '95 is definitely plastic...:confused:

Hm...what's this part?

Thanks for the link but isn't that for just the pulley (item 13)? I need what I guess is item 16.

Thanks for the link but isn't that for just the pulley (item 13)? I need what I guess is item 16.

Ok sounds like you guys are looking for these parts: http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=5451 $25 so that's not too bad for the bracket and bolt.

I haven't noticed this part being plastic on my soobs but I should check it out!