Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New plans for the T-wag

I THINK I've located an EJ22 AND a 5spd D/R. I'm gonna let my headgaskets blow (never drive it out of town) and have the 2.2 and transmission sitting there as one piece so when I pull the motor and tranny, I can (simply) swap them. And it's gonna get a lift too... being that this is my project car. The project starts as soon as I find a motor and tranny. This will be the thread I keep pics and progress on. The action won't start for a few days... so don't get too excited.

If only it were that easy :rolleyes:

GD

I know... I'm already dreading it. I'm gonna take my sweet time on it and I'm gonna have some help. I'll be the wring that gives me the most hell... and figuring out how to fit a dual-core rad in there. Think I'll do the lift while the original motor and tranny are out. But first, I have to find a job. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled a D/R 5 spd at the yard and an EA81 radiator (from what I gather that's adequate enough for the EJ22). Think I may have located an EJ22... MAYBE. If the guy would stop being so shady I would know. I probably should have waited until I had some more stuff to list and maybe even pics to post... but I'm too anxious, lol.