Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T turbo outlet size?

Anyone know what the OD is on the EA82 turbo outlet? I'm looking into putting together an intercooler setup, and I know the TB intake is 2 3/8, but I can't find a definite answer on the turbo outlet... Only that its different. I could always wait until I actually get my hands on the car, but what how I would I stay busy in the meantime?

1.75" OD tubing works nicely. Don't forget to think about how you are going to attach the core to the car. I think a lot of people focus most of their energy on getting the tubing routed efficiently that they over look the mounting aspect of the project.

Good luck!

1.75" OD tubing works nicely. Don't forget to think about how you are going to attach the core to the car. I think a lot of people focus most of their energy on getting the tubing routed efficiently that they over look the mounting aspect of the project.

Good luck!

Thats probably because mounting is the easiest part of the project. The car has a built in shelf for an IC. Remove the spare and you are left with a great place to put an IC. Depending on the setup you use, you may have to pound or cut a little. Bracketry is pretty easy for anyone ingenuitive enough to be driving a 20 year old turbo car. Heck, my first IC was an RX7 IC mounted with 4 of those flimsy metal socket rails. Worked awesome :lol:. I have some thicker stuff on there now, but that stands to reason given the size and weight difference of the WRX IC to the RX7 IC

Yep, easy as cake.

I'm going to copy thesubarujunkie's setup from his ea82t. I got my Saab intercooler and my bypass valve on ebay tonight. Now I just need to get my tubing, my silicon connectors, and my hood scoop, and I'm good to go.

I found a %50 sale on off-color silicon connectors online (I'll post a link after I get my order in), and the mandrel-bent tubing is pretty reasonable too.

Anyone have a scoop I can get cheap?

I'm looking at having an intercooler setup fully put together for under $200. I'll be sure to post a blow-by-blow (pun intended) how-to once I get my parts gathered.

Anyone have a scoop I can get cheap?

For reference, Mine was like $20 on fleabay - new.

?

I'm looking at having an intercooler setup fully put together for under $200.

That shouldn't be too hard.

IC

TD04

All mounts and piping

GFB hybrid BOV

Scoop

Still under $200 ;)

I knew you were, junkie. I just needed to verify so I could make my order with confidence.

hosetechniques is having a sale on silicon hose, if anyone needs some.

I'm at $150 with all piping, BPV, silicon connectors, and Saab IC. All I need is mounting hardware and plumb the BPV, oh and a scoop.

Stoked!

I'm finding the stick-on hood scoops on ebay for like $20 shipped, two different sizes. Either 15x15:

hood%20scoop%201.jpg

Or 6x10:

EX-022-D_Air%20Scoop.JPG

I guess I can't go wrong with TOO much airflow, huh?

I knew you were, junkie. I just needed to verify so I could make my order with confidence.

Its cool, im glad you did. That was the only measurement I wasnt 100% on. Its been so long since I did mine.

And I think this scoop looks way cool.

EX-022-D_Air%20Scoop.JPG

If it fits the hump of the EA82 hood, i think it would fit the body lines nicely.

Me too, but its so little!

EX-008-H_Air%20Scoop.JPG

I guess it would be good for an offset installation right over the IC, but I'm just not sure it would move enough air. Plus it's shipped from hongkong, that's a slow boat there!

Its cool, im glad you did. That was the only measurement I wasnt 100% on. Its been so long since I did mine.

And I think this scoop looks way cool.

EX-022-D_Air%20Scoop.JPG

If it fits the hump of the EA82 hood, i think it would fit the body lines nicely.