Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Its never good

Ive noticed lately that my car is harder and harder to put into gear. yes the clutch is all the way to the floor but even after its warmed up it takes a bit of effort to put it in there. And its a fairly new clutch. Also maybe its related maybe its not but the thing seems to be fallin on its face lately. Sometimes i half to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running till its warmed, other times i dont. Sometimes i let it warm up and can take off like usual. What ever power is suspost to be there its there. Other times it feels like its bogging down, falling on its face. I go from first and its ok then suddenly when i go to second theres no power. I have new plugs and wires (ngk). And i have cleaned the maf.

Any ideas.

Ben

coolant temp sensor

They have a bad habit of having the wire harness and connector going into it get corroded ..When this happens it can cause some interesting issues ( cause the ecu is confused since it uses the cts basically as settings like a choke would do). The sensor itself does go bad sometimes ..but its usually the plug first..you can try cleaning it..feel for brittle wires ( cause the corrosion will go out the wires aways)..I its too bad and the wires feel brittle just snip it off back to where it feels good...splice new wires and a new T connector on.

As for the tranny..check your gear oil:)

Thanks for the reference AZ

but

THE Dude does not tell us what car/engine/fuel system he has.

The picture I posted is for an EA82T A.K.A. MPFI fuel system.

If Ben means his DL-- it will have SPFI.

The temp sensor in the SPFI will be the pig tailed sensor in the goose neck, they arely have contact problems as

the contacts are enclosed/sealed in the connector.

People corn-fuse (sic) the connector problem.

The MPFI unit sits back and burried in the heat / jungle,

the connector cap heat cracks and water gets in.

This is what leads to the problem.

not necassarily. If its the original cable, and you can spare the money, you may think about replacing it. you cant really tell if it needs adjusting or its failing untill the cable goes snap, or it wont hold an adjustment.

Usually its a good idea to replace the cable with the clutch, especially if there are a lot of years on the cable.

I am guessing since its a fairly new clutch, the cable may be failing.

nipper