Your LSD.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

yes, I am. Wear your differential on your sleeve.. so to speak :rolleyes:

Johnson']I think he's making a positive for a screen print?:cool:

My original idea was to make reproduction stickers to replace all of those dirty scratched-up stickers that I was annoying everyone into posting. Will probably sell the stickers in pairs to recoup production cost faster and that way everyone has one for their car and their toolbox :headbang:

I'm also looking into getting a small amount of belt buckles cast. They'll be over $20 and hopefully under $30.. probably with a repro sticker thrown in.

yeah but that's everyone else's problem :cool::dead:.. or rather, the collector car world has been dealing with counterfeit parts for decades... now it's our turn to have Big League problems!

I'm having to go through this and clean up the characters a lot.. they'd be OK for stickers but not for other uses. I might as well look into having some posters made too..

yes, I am. Wear your differential on your sleeve.. so to speak :rolleyes:

My original idea was to make reproduction stickers to replace all of those dirty scratched-up stickers that I was annoying everyone into posting. Will probably sell the stickers in pairs to recoup production cost faster and that way everyone has one for their car and their toolbox :headbang:

I'm also looking into getting a small amount of belt buckles cast. They'll be over $20 and hopefully under $30.. probably with a repro sticker thrown in.

That is an awesome idea. I'm in for a few of everything!

are you doing all this yourself?

if you need help rendering the pictures in a vector format, .emf or any number of formats used in the industry i can help. if you go with a high quality company and machinery they generally can't or won't use just a picture (jpg, gif, etc) format.

Gary, thanks. I am so far OK with this stuff... I'm able to approximate a lot of the English on the sticker with some of the preloaded fonts in Photoshop.. convert the letters to objects and then.. the pen tool is mightier than the sword :grin: .. then I can save as EPS, PSD, TIF, etc.

Plus I'm working on it at 1200dpi. The worst part is that the original sticker is not very precise, so when blown up, the edges are all jagged, which won't do for anything larger than original size. It's just a little tedious.

I have some other ideas in this same vein so keep on :popcorn:!

I'll be in for a repro sticker. as the sticker has fallen off of my car.

if you'd like, the image that I posted from the FSM is scaled down substantially. I can send you a higher resolution version which might be a much better start.

the image that I posted from the FSM is scaled down substantially. I can send you a higher resolution version which might be a much better start.
seems like that's onto the best starting point, that thing is probably perfect for everything but color? is there software out there that can combine the two...put the coloring of one onto the black white (but better) drawing?

i have someone i can ask if you want.

does adobe premier elements or higher end software offer any more than photoshop?