Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 99 Legy OBW has the lazy A/T. It has been slow to switch gears to go the opposite direction, that is R to D, and D to R. Sometimes, it would take 3 to 4 seconds to switch gears. That is a real PITA, when another driver is wanting you to get out of their way.

My fix is that I added a bottle of Lucas Trany Fix. The product is advertised to fix trany seal leaks, and promote shifting with less slippage. After running with the product now for three days, I can tell that it has really helped reduce the lag time in switching gears from R to D, and D to R. It shifts normally now. I do notice that forward gear change shifts are a little more positive, but not harsh. Acceleration seems more brisk, so maybe there is slightly less trany slippage.

I am not much for cures from a bottle, but I think this one really helps.

BTW, when adding the Lucas product, a funnel with a long stem is needed.

The additive looks like ATF thick colored STP. It took about 15 minutes to get the thick product to flow through the funnel into the trany. I had drained a like amount of ATF from the trany before adding the Lucas.

This is the best $10 that I have spent on the car.