Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So since I've been a member of this board (July of '03 was when I joined) I've owned numerous amounts of older gen Subarus (anything from my '78 Brat to my old '89 RX). Lately with the job paying pretty good, I've been looking at getting an older STi to drive as my other "STi" gets some goodies (EJ20G, better suspension and Brembo brakes).

Anyways, I've found one in the area for sale, its an '05 in OBP with a few upgrades but has been meticulously maintained. Here's the rundown posted by the current owner over on NASIOC...

For Sale:

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

27,300 Miles on odometer

Obsidian Black Pearl w/ Gold BBS wheels

This car has been meticulously maintained, never smoked in and oil changes done every 3000 miles with Mobile 1 synthetic. Rear differential and brake fluid recently changed, along with brand new tires. All maintenance up to date and car has undergone a recent complete mechanical inspection. Professional detailed and maintained since new, no accidents and clean title. Car is in great condition both inside and out. Add a turbo upgrade, exhaust and a tune and this is a 360+whp capable car, supporting mods are already there. I will miss this car but I have bills to pay. PM me for more details.

$24,700 FIRM

Modifications:

• Custom Tuned ECU

• Perrin Alchohol Injection system (installed but not hooked up)

• Bushur Super Duty Fuel pump

• TurboXS Custom Front Mount Intercooler - Stealth Black

• TurboXS Blow-Off Valve

• GPmoto ShortRam Intake w/ larger MAF housing

• GreedSpeed Turbo Inlet pipe

• BC Racing Coilover Suspension

• Perrin - Front and Rear Sway Bars

• Perrin - Front and Rear End Links

• Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines w/ Motul RBF600

• Hardwired for Radar Detector

• Kartboy Rear Subframe Outrigger bushings

• Whiteline Rear Subframe Locking bolts

• Tic Rear Diff mount bushings

• Hella Supertone Horns

• 18% SunGard Tint & windshield strip

• Subaru All Weather Floor mats

• Infinity Kappa 6.5" front door speakers

• 2006 WRX black carpet

• Worx Tuning Hood Struts

• 2007 STi Front and Rear seats

• Floorboard Dynamat (sound deadening)

• Autospeed Performance Dead Pedal

• STi short shifter

• Kartboy shifter bushings

So you think this is a good price for the lower miles and the upgrades? Some of the ones I've been looking at are about $4k less and all stock with higher miles. So its time to go talk to the bank and see if I can get the loan for it because this is EXACTLY the color combo I want on an STi...:banana:

Put me down for $10 on a ticket during the test-drive :lol:

....happened to me once...true story :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the story a couple years back here in Indiana, of a kid driving an STI getting pulled over by the cops for speeding 155 mph. I think the cop is still busy writing up the ticket.

Who wants to place bets on how long it takes him to get a ticket and/or get his license suspended :grin:?

Umm no... not after the incident I had in my old black RX.....

I drove my buddy's twin to this car yesterday. Holy ungodly amounts of power for being stock with a TBE and a ProTune ECM. 301hp and 345ft-lbs of torque:burnout: