Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hate to ask this but ..... ea82 x 2 ?

Well this may be a stupid question but I have to ask...

This is my first ea82... Two questions I have... So here is my stupid question of the month LOL

(1) I assume my steering wheel has the tilt feature but when I move the lever to put the wheel up it wont stay locked in place at all... I was like WTF is wrong with this thing LOL ...

Any suggestions ? or was this lever never inteded for tilt just to simply move the cars steering wheel up and down to make it easier for us fat dudes to get in and out ?

(2) Also is there anyway that I could unbolt the driver seat and move the seat back so I have a few more inches of room ? I just never saw the floor pan of the ea82 so I have no clue if I can or can not..

Thanks... Joe

1. The locking mechanism might be a little sticky due to non-use. Remove the trim pieces and have a go at it with some lubricant.

2. You can't really re-mount the seat to the floor, but you could use some flat metal strips to reposition the seat on the tracks. I have done that on a few vehicles, but not on a subaru, yet....

And don't forget there are 2 levers for the tilt steering..the small one and the larger lacking one along the column underneath.

This long one is the one you use to actually set where you want the steering to sit..the small one is to lift it for easy of getting in and out of the vehicle

the lever on the left side of the steering column is just a release for ease of exit/entry as Connie stated. very useful for those that like the steering wheel in thier laps, like me. :)

the lever to actually adjust the position is along the bottom of the steering column. it may be a bit difficult to release, as mentioned, due to disuse, but it will move with enough effort. it pulls down towards the pedals...

once you get it released (make sure column is in the locked position before you do this!) you adjust the column to where you are comfortable, and lock it back in by pushing the lever back up into the column.

And don't forget there are 2 levers for the tilt steering..the small one and the larger lacking one along the column underneath.

This long one is the one you use to actually set where you want the steering to sit..the small one is to lift it for easy of getting in and out of the vehicle

1:Connie nice score on your new sooooooby

2:I never looked either.dah Anyone got a pic? please please? the suspense is killing me!!

Do I have 1???? Id look,but im in upstate New York, Roxy is at home

roxy1.jpg