Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 96' legacy 2.2 and was wondering were the radiator air vent is located. (when u do a coolant flush or cooling system work it is supposed to be open)? Thanks Fellas still getting used to this subaru thing....there are so many people out there with so much knowledge....:)

Sounds good! Main suggestion is to use a large phillips head screwdriver that fits it well. You ideally don't want to strip out that plastic thing. It's not expensive but if you damage it, it can be hard to find a replacement. Also I don't know if it's a good idea but I like to put a little bit of silicone grease on the threads and gasket of this plug when reinstalling.

The best way to get a majority of air out of the system is to fill the engine by pouring the coolant down the top hose into the engine during initial fill. I have gotten nearly 100 percent of the drain quantity back in using this technique and it only requires undoing the one hose clamp. The bottom thermostat makes this technique a good idea