Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 97 leg. wagon w/ factory remote entry. Question: Should the remote entry work (unlock the door) when the car is running? Mine doesn't. Got locked out of the my tonight:mad: After I got back in I tested it with the window down and it only works when the car is off.

Hi. Right on, it only works when the engine is off. Actually I don't think it even works if the key is simply in acc or on.

Actually I don't think it even works if the key is simply in acc or on.

Hi Porc Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if that was the case with the key. I guess it's one of the soob surprises like the parking light switch! wish didn't have to find out @ 0300 on a cold New England morning, but thats the way I learn many lessons the hard way!:eek:

hehe, yah I think I saw it in the owners manual. I was a little surprised by the same thing, I left the vehicle running and locked the door, figuring I could unlock it with the remote idea1.gifidea2.gif. But then it wouldn't unlock with the remote. kick1.gifcrutches1.gif Fortunately I was at my house and was able to get the extra key. pepsi1.gif