Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hands Down...The HIGHEST mileage Suby!

i think there's another thread like this already. it would be a neat discussion if we could avoid the "i heard of this guy with 2.4 million miles on his and my buddy works at the shop and said it's never had a tune up", or the "a friend has one with 600,000 and it's the 4th owner but the engine must be original because the palm reader said it was"...then others discuss the liklehood of a previous owner replacing something, or what the mystical source of the 2.4 million mile wagon was....okay i'm exaggerating.....

my old GL wagon has 225K+ on her - as far as i know nothing major has been replaced - just typical tuneup type stuff....hard to say for certain tho since i am at least the third or fourth owner.

She still runs great, but has been retired due to salt cancer eating away her undersides. :(

The other half has a 90 Legacy L with over 201K and still going strong - is his daily driver. Technically speaking he is 3rd owner, but 2nd never really drove it - was saved from the crusher....

We HAVE done this thread before, but...

275,000 on my 93 legacy wagon when the tranny lost reverse. Still runs like a top, and the engine is going to be swapped into another subie.

Original 4EAT and EJ22 (with two t-belt changes)

215,000 on our 95 legacy EJ22 5MT

...and 202,000 (ish) on Bucky the 92 Loyale wagon EA82 5MT

225,000 on my 95 LSi wagon. I'm the second owner. Bought it with 156,000. I've replaced spark plugs, regular oil changes, and CV shafts. Auto trans. The car still runs smoothand strong...we'll see how much more she goes.

I've seen Volvo cars w/ one or two metal 100,000 mile badges on them. I think it would be cool if Subaru made a little badge you could stick on your car every 100,000 miles.

• 3 weeks later...
i second that

739k on what???

i had 456 on a 77 yota

and 301 on a 87 gl

I changed the oil on a 94 Previa with 405k on the odo, had a new engine put in at 400k, not because it needed it, but because the labor to remove the old engine, reseal it, and put it back in was about the same as a new engine, and we have a regular customer who has an 85 4Runner with 515k on it, engine just had it's second rebuild...