Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New wagoness 'enhancements'

Stayed in and kept warm this weekend, putzing in the garage ...

Rub strips on the roof (howcome these don't come from the factory any more?).

P1010329.jpg

GPS mount that folds into the cubby when not in use ... once I figure out how to get the console fascia off I'll hardwire it.

P1010330.jpg

Few other comments

1) You going to replace the windscreen?

2) Who selected your seat cover pattern?

3) GPS mount looks kewl, fascia screws

in roof of ash tray opening and behind cup holder

(pull out holder you can see them.)

4) We are all wanting more picts of the plane.

Thanks for sharing.

Few other comments

1) You going to replace the windscreen?

2) Who selected your seat cover pattern?

3) GPS mount looks kewl, fascia screws

in roof of ash tray opening and behind cup holder

(pull out holder you can see them.)

4) We are all wanting more picts of the plane.

Thanks for sharing.

1) Not until we either move to an 'inspection' state (not bloody likely), or the crack runs sideways and interferes with vision.

2) The Pretty One bought those in Hawaii, her last Subaru was 'Honu', Hawaiian green sea turtle.

3) THANKS!

4) http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N26HR.html Should be flying it again late spring.

Now porky, where did that 'flying' emoticon come from?

OK, how do I remove the control panel fascia on the current gen? Also, any place handy that can be recommended to borrow power for the GPS (draws almost nothing), or should I try and snake back deep into the dash underbelly?

I have to leave the cigar lighter plug on the power lead as it has some current amending circuitry inside. I thought I would split open the plug and tap directly into the source leads to at least get rid of the prongs and such.

I would just tap into the lighter, either the close one or the lighter in the arm rest cubby

http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=48&osCsid=554d206fd79ecab5b8264a81cf27b466

-Has downloadable pdf w/ instructions for removing the radio. Also a great product if want to play aux items w/ CD quality sound through the stock radio

Dude, you got a plane in your garage!

I would just tap into the lighter, either the close one or the lighter in the arm rest cubby

http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=48&osCsid=554d206fd79ecab5b8264a81cf27b466

-Has downloadable pdf w/ instructions for removing the radio. Also a great product if want to play aux items w/ CD quality sound through the stock radio

Dude, you got a plane in your garage!

Thanx for the link Holy she yite ... I think I will just leave it plugged in. I wanted to not have a dangling wire, but for that much work, I just may leave it. We only use the thing on long trips at the end anyhow, and the TomTom has about a two hour battery life, so maybe I don't even need the plug if I charge it before we go.

No .. I WISH I had an airplane in my garage ... I have a 'project' in my garage. Maybe this spring I can turn it back into an airplane. Since it's my airplane in the nice toasty heated garage, naturally my car sits out in the sub-zero (-18 last week) temps.

The rub strips came from the auto trim dept. at a local auto paint jobbers, $55.00 a roll .. I had nine inches (I wish :lol: ) left.