Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am new to USMB but not new to Subaru's. My first car was a 79 FE Coupe. I inherited it from my Dad when I turned 16 with 150K on it and I put another 100K on it easily. I currently own a 2002 Legacy GT, and just traded in my Jeep for a 2008 Outback for the wife. My wife has been driving the 02 for the last 6 years so I have really not done much to it but keep up the maint. Now that it is my daily driver I may have work on it a bit. I only just found the site so haven't had a chance to dig through it too much but if anyone has any feedback on the 2002's I would love to hear it. (opinions, mod sudgestions, any thing) Thanks everyone.

Welcome aboard, as mentioned above there are a lot of people that know a lot about Subies on this forum, and are glad to share their knowledge with you.

It is also good to dig through the archives on this forum for answers to a particular problem you may have before posting. Click onto "search" at the top of the message board, type in your subject topic, and watch what others have posted on the subject. It is truly a great resource.

Again welcome aboard, don't be bashful asking for help, or writing your opinions in trying to help others.

Welcome aboard!

I've got a 2002 GT wagon and love it. If maintenance isn't clearly documented, open up the maintenance schedule listed in your owners manual and match up what's been done and what may have been left out. The car's easy to work on and fun to drive.

Thanks everyone. The FE Coupe was rolled by my cousins back in 1991 or 1992. From what I remember my Dad told me it was undrivable but the engine still started. That was a good old car. On the way in to work this morning my GT started making some very funky noises so it is currently in the shop....hope it isn't serious but with my luck it is going to be expensive.

Woohoo! Another 2002 Legacy GT owner

+1 for this places awesomeness. As crazy as it seems this place was a big influence on me to buy to another Subaru, as i knew 5 years down the track when it starts going wrong, ive got an aweesome resource to help me fix it.