Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 AWD weird feeling when making a tight turn...

I notice you say you HAD a '93 :eek:

After I took the rear driveshaft out, I drove 'er for the whole summer with no problems. At somewhere around the 275,000 mile mark, the (very tired) tranny said enough was enough, and reverse started to slip.

I technically still have the car, but it was in bad enough shape ....

trusty_rusty.JPG

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .... that I cannibalized the engine for another project, as I couldnt see spending anymore $$ on a car that only cost me $250.00 :clap:

"Trusty Rusty" lives on!

yup- tires are matching and in decent shape. How long can I drive this thing in fwd? Any downsides?

I guess I'll start looking for a tranny....

Untill the Duty C Solenoid burns up. No real downsides, except you will realize how much work the AWD actually does. The front wheels will be easy to break loose.

can drive it like that for a week, for a few years. It differs on each car.

nipper

it definetely sounds like a clutch pack, the prices can run from $400 used installed up to $1000 new clutch packs installed, remember that the dealer does not offer the original parts number anymore, instead, they have a new set for the clucth pack job, it runs somewhere around 600 bucks... i just had this done to my legacy, luckily i had a good subaru guy and a good SVX clutch pack (six rings)