Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need to ask if this is just lucky?

Everywhere I go I get stuff for free or get stuff done for free... no kidding.

A Subaru dealer told me I could get a full safety checkup gratis and they'd diagnose my oil leak for free. They're annoyed they did the timing belt on her 2 years back and she's leaking already. I go in this afternoon.

A Spanaway junkyard gave me a new jack, crank, accessory kit, Forester rubber cargo mat (mat a little dirty, but everything else cherry), all for free, and a factory radio in perfectly new condition for $20. Les Schwab pulled a tire, checked for some hub ring I was missing, plopped it back on, and waved me no charge, good-bye. Not even their tires.

I would have died before anyone would have done this for my old Chevy truck, so it can't be that I'm a woman or my handicapped plates. So, I have to ask: is everyone being unusually nice, or is this normal for people with Subies?

And then there is this: the dealer service manager at Subaru of Puyallup asked me if I'd taken Dragon out in the snow yet. When I replied 'kinda' he shook his head at me.

"Never owned a Subaru before? Well, ma'am, you must take your car out in the snow. You have to feed and water your Subie some snow as much as possible or it'll get unhappy." :clap:

Of course, Seattle saw lots of snow last week. A dusting during the Superbowl. None since. :-\ Maybe I should buy her a popsicle. :)

Anyone ever heard this before?? :lol:

I get all sorts of free stuff with my 08 Imppy from the dealer...but then again..I have a reputation for being the Subaru Chick who loves her old school cars and works on them too..( Heck they have even brought my car in for an oil change..got busy came and got me saying what bay it was in ..there's the lift...theres the tools..have fun LMAO:lol:) And they havent charged me yet for any service on the car cept an install of an Aux port and even then they charged me half.

A Happy Subaru is one thats being used for what it was designed for...They get excited when they see snow.. They will try and run better and be peppier ..AND they are fun to drive in bad weather. I have never looked so forward to the North Eastern snow storms as much as I do now ..and get upset if the plow beat me to the road. You cannot baby your Subaru cause it will not be happy then...and we mustent make our Subarus unhappy casue they take good care of us and unsually ask for little in return but some play time.