Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my new horse for the stable

here she is, one of the rarer outbacks ever made. why you may ask, in 96 subaru made a vary desirable outback for me and most people that own an outback. with the 5 speed a 96 outback came with a 2.2 from the factory. so yes people a real outback with out head gasket problems and not having to swap the motor in myself.

it's pretty clean in a out. it needs a couple thing, maybe a clutch in the near future. but with 210k miles on it you can expect a few thing here and there.

but over all im really happy with it. this may replace my current DD if it ends being a nice car. only time will tell.

P1010087-1.jpg

looks pretty good for 210k!

that's what i was thinking. come to find out it was only a two owner car and when i opened up the glove box i find this big stack of receipts of service that was done to it. nice to see that they were always on top of oil changes and tranny oil changes. even though they were taking it to oil can henry and paying way to much, at least it wasn't me paying for it and it was all done.

i'm still going to do the normal stuff, timing belt, plugs, wires, air and fuel filter.

i paid more then i wanted to, but that was still way less then what they go for in the real world.

I have several questions after this comment

WAY NICE Oh BEE!!

1) Did it come with those nice roof racks?

2) 1997 was the first year for the interference 2.2

is yours still non-interference?

3) Could you by chance resize the picture so some of

us less fortunate folks don't have to shift the screen

to read what you type?

I have several questions after this comment

WAY NICE Oh BEE!!

1) Did it come with those nice roof racks?

2) 1997 was the first year for the interference 2.2

is yours still non-interference?

3) Could you by chance resize the picture so some of

us less fortunate folks don't have to shift the screen

to read what you type?

1. it did

2. as far as i know it should be, not going to find out the hard way, going to do a timing belt here soon.

3. done :grin:

thanks Mellow, I wish some other people would

be as considerate as you!!

Records show the EJ22 change was made in 97.

You do have the best of both worlds AFAIC.

My 4EAT EJ25 Oh Bee is the worst of both worlds.

Well done.

Nice!!! And you got the Diamond of the bunch too...everything anyone could every want on an OB..its the perfect one!!

If I wouldnt have gotten the deal on my 08 Imp..that is probably what I would have been looking for for a DD.

I still sware..if my husband wouldnt have a cow.. I would probably own one of each...I have always wanted an OB since they came out.

Nice!!! And you got the Diamond of the bunch too...everything anyone could every want on an OB..its the perfect one!!

If I wouldnt have gotten the deal on my 08 Imp..that is probably what I would have been looking for for a DD.

I still sware..if my husband wouldnt have a cow.. I would probably own one of each...I have always wanted an OB since they came out.

it's one of those cars that right after i get it I don't have a big list of stuff that I want to do to it. Like if i got a ea82 wagon, then i would have to be lifted and put a ej22. same with an ea81 wagon. then if i would have gotten the 2.5 outback, i would have either pulled and redid the head gaskets right off the bat or swap in a 2.2.

so i get my mildly lifted wagon with a 2.2, can't ask for much more then that.:headbang:

now true i don't get a DR with this one, but it's something i can live with out.