Ultimate Subaru Message Board

yup it is

it just the way the pic was taken i'll get more pics tomorrow

there is a difference, specially when u go in and out of the car.. and when you are next to a regular car too lol

plus my tires are 195 60s once i get the new tires i should have alot more clearance

thanks Connie

Looks good Neo!

i used 96 outback set in the front with 60k miles on them and then rears were from a 98, but the struts were replaced with with KYB ones... they only have approx 30k miles on them. fronts were $60 and the rears were $90

used struts and springs, how much did you pay for them? what year did you use?

from what I've read and been told, you have to use outback struts on a legacy and forester struts on an outback. You can't use forester struts on a legacy.

I don't think that's right. I believe you can use either.

I don't know what the advantage of Forrester struts on an Outback would be?

sorry guys i havent been paying attention to this

so here we go

Forester struts are for impreza swap only, utilizing the fronts and changing the rear top hats to fit the impreza

Outback Struts are for Legacies, front and rear will fit as a direct fit no hat swaps needed. Although you can use forester struts in the front but i'm not sure if forester struts are longer than outbacks

so the rule is going by chassis:

forester = impreza here you can use forester struts up to 2002 on first Gen impreza from 93 to 01

outback = legacy - 95 to 99 are interchangeble, 00 to 04 and so on

Forester struts are for impreza swap only, utilizing the fronts and changing the rear top hats to fit the impreza

Outback Struts are for Legacies, front and rear will fit as a direct fit no hat swaps needed. Although you can use forester struts in the front but i'm not sure if forester struts are longer than outbacks

so the rule is going by chassis:

forester = impreza here you can use forester struts up to 2002 on first Gen impreza from 93 to 01

outback = legacy - 95 to 99 are interchangeble, 00 to 04 and so on

I do not believe this is correct. 93-01 Impreza and 90-99 Legacy share the same suspenion/Chassis. By extension early Forresters should also be the same.

Also to swap onto a first gen Legacy 90-91, the rear tophats and spring from the 90,91 need to be reused. They are tapered, so the OB tops are too big, and use a different bolt pattern.