Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How about a "frequently asked questions" thread?

What model? Year?

As far a I know, Subaru does not use any M7 bolts.

All the fasteners I've encountered are M5x1.0, M6x1.25, M8x1.25 or 1.5, M10x1.25 or 1.5, M11*x1.25, and M12x 1.5.

*= Old EA82 engine cylinder head bolts. Never seen this size anywhere else

97 Impreza (drum) 98 Forester (disc)

I'm just going to have to drag the Forester hub down to the hardware and play "test the bolt" and then hope the Impreza has the same bolt hole (doing hub swap to avoid changing bearings)

caliper measurement was 6.8 - guessed 7 but might be 8 after all (since 7 is rare, but you never know if they put proprietary things on some vehicles to make it difficult to do "ordinary" work) - depends on thread depth since the caliper measured the "minor" of the bolt, but I hoped someone would "know". Once I find out, I'll post it... somewhere

factory Forester - 8X1.25 - I got it off - now to just pop the hub out of the housing...

(press time, I have a 12 ton - just have to contend with the hub dia on the back inside of the housing - looks like a 1-1/16 socket will make it thru - it has to fit thru the bearing inner dia but contact the hub dia.)

Dang, this is a lot of work (need icon for "wiping sweat from brow") just to save $50

no access for 3 jaw on a ROTOR. use the 2 bolts - lots easier than doing the 3 jaw 8X1.25 use about 40mm long or so (fully threaded)

anybody need some 98 Forester stuff - rotor, backing plate, e-brake, ABS pulse ring... it's junk to me (Impreza is DRUM)

You need a bigger three jawed puller;)

I also wonder why not swap to disc while you where at it??? You''re doing some serious work to maintain drums.