Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have A Sitdown with Your Subie

I tried something yesterday and it worked thought i would share.

As many of you may or may not know my wife is in the hospital and has been for a while. On top of that superbowl sunday i wreck the minivan that hauls my kids. So i was able to fit all carseats into my wagon and have been useing that. A couple days ago while driveing it my break fluid light came on and the peddel got really hard and it was hard to stop. I toped off the fluid which wasnt low and carried on. When i got to the hospital the fluid light came on so i had this to say.

I know your old and i know your sick but you cant do this right now. I promise that this summer when there is more time and money i will give you the parts you need but now you cant do this. Breaking down is not an option so youve got to suck it up and keep on chuggin because i dont have time for your crap right now. Thank you for your service but i need you now more then ever. I have a long list of things for you but not when its -23 degrees outside. Please just keep it together until theres more time.

Since then it has been running better then its ever been.

Just tought id share.

Ben

I have similar experiences with my Brat. I learned that you can't baby these things or they will walk all over you. You just got to get in and drive it like there is no tomorrow and it will do just fine.

I've learned to carry a piece of wire with me. Has a female spade terminal on one end and the other end is stripped. That way if/when the key switch refuses to start the car I can put the key to "on" and jump the starter directly off the battery:headbang:

Came up with THAT plan after realizing that talking her into starting doesn't always work

yupper - sometimes having a heart-to-heart is the only thing you can do. Most of the time it works, sometimes however, it doesnt, and one must dig deeper...

The Dude Abides - I hope things get back on track for you real soon, and the Mrs is doing better & home soon, too.