Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NOS OEM Radiator Identification

Okay, folks.

I have made noises about "NOS Soobie parts hoard" for a while now, and my uncle and I are finally getting to mining through that pit and selling pieces of it off. Naturally, I have been designated as the Subaru-er-In-Chief. We have a brand new carb (1600 or older i THINK, IIRC) a new dizzy or two (points style) a new alternator, some shocks I think, a NIB red passenger side power XT/6 mirror?? SCADS of left side dual round headlight assemblies but no right hand, and four or five of these radiators.

Those of you who have contacted me in the past regarding this stuff, please take this as a signal to do so once more; I plan on going through my PM inbox and revisiting all past correspondence before actually selling ANYthing, but since I have several of these radiators I figured this was an innocuous enough point at which to start.

Pics will come later, but the core itself is just under 10.5" tall and its 21 inches wide. Total width from tank end to tank end is 27" at the fattest point (right where the inlet nozzle is.) Filler cap is on USDM Drivers side, as is return nozzle. The return nozzle points directly towards the side of the vehicle, and the inlet nozzle points directly towards the back. Nozzles are 1 1/4" in diameter, and there is a ~3/4" threaded plug hole just below the inlet nozzle. All black, all metal construction. Even includes original SOA rad cap and drainoff tube.

About half of the radiators are still in original boxes, but those boxes are in sad shape. The radiators look brand brand new, 9.89/10. The biggest issue I can find with the one I have here at my house is a mildly kinked little vinyl hose from the overflow runoff, and even THAT is just superficial.

part number is there, but thee label is flaking. digits with a ? next to them are, of course, questionable. No spaces, I put them in for purposes of clarity.

6 4 5? 0 1 0? 4 6 0

All of these parts came from a dealer who went out of business in the mid 80's, so the NEWEST it could possibly be would be early EA82*, but I figured this forum gets more traffic than the "historic." I wanted to post it here to grab the attention of everyone I had spoken to in the past about these things as well.

*I don't know how the XT mirror fits into this, but the dealership closed in 84, 85, or 86 i cant recall which... and the mirror is DEFINITELY XT. :confused:

Camera batteries are charging right now, pics will come in a bit.

hunting on various subaru parts websites on the web seems to have confirmed the part number as being "RADIATOR-AY" Aye, indeed, laddie, but ye won't tell me where it came from? buggerers. :-p so that P/N once more is 645010460

and oh hey!! I found two photos from last year of one of the rads.

soobystuff002.jpg

soobystuff001.jpg

ye GODS, I have never used the "Edit" button sixteen times in five minutes before :lol:

may as well link to my photobucket album with the crappy pics that I got last year.

• 2 years later...

well, looks like I am going to resurrect this old thread. I am searching for a part # to get a dual core radiator for my wifes gl10 turbo AT 4wd, I read in one of these posts I was searching about putting an extra heater core in front of the rad - I do have an extra core but it sounds kinda fab-tastic and does it work that well? I am pretty sure a dual core rad would be affordable and basically bolt in. :slobber:Temps are still just in the 60-70s and it gets one bar over the middle climbing long hills. By July we will be topping the 100s.

This thread has nothing to do with EA82 turbo dual-core radiators, and no such animal was ever installed in them when stock anyway so you aren't going to find a Subaru part number for one.

From what I have seen - all the places that people used to get dual-core's for the EA82T's from don't carry them anymore. You should start a new thread and ask if anyone has found any recently.

GD