Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to get bolts? (legacy)

So I'm rebuilding this '97... STILL... and I need 3 bolts and no clue where to get them since the websites etc are for common parts.. I couldn't even find part numbers out from the "local" (100 miles) stealership.

I need:

1 camshaft bracket bolt (holds the camshaft onto the head)

1 exhaust stud bolt and nut (holds the exhaust manifold onto the head)

1 oil pan bolt (holds the oil pan on the block)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Exhaust studs and bolts: (I think the X6 at the end just means quantity 6)

800910550X6 & 902370029X6 EXHAUST STUDS & BOLTS (qty 6) FOR 1990-2005 LEGACY (non-turbo)

For the oil pan bolt and the other bolt, you could just take one to ace hardware or a similar fastener place and match it up. ace hardware has metric flange bolts (very common on the soobs). Or if you have even one of the plastic thread gauges, you can find out if it is M6, M8, M10 etc. Most tap and die sets etc have a thread pitch gauge included to find out 1.0mm 1.25mm 1.5mm etc

the one for the oil pan is not concerning me at all because im pretty sure i have some of those laying around in my piles of old suby bolts.. the exhaust stud I can probably get locally as well.. it's the cam to head bolt that concerns me.. it seems like it is very specifically machined to keep the bracket from moving..

It sounds like you are describing a CAM cap bolt and that is what you need to ask for at the dealer. They won't know it as anything else. I ordered two that a mechanic broke using an impact gun to put them back on. They were about 2.00 apiece.

Good Luck

There are 2 different diameter cam cap bolts. The ones up front closest the pulley are much smaller in diameter - and take much less torque.

You'll need to know which one you need. FYI on each cam it takes 2 of the skinny bolts and 4 of the larger bolts that are under the valve cover.

Dave

So I'm rebuilding this '97... STILL... and I need 3 bolts and no clue where to get them since the websites etc are for common parts.. I couldn't even find part numbers out from the "local" (100 miles) stealership.

I need:

1 camshaft bracket bolt (holds the camshaft onto the head)

1 exhaust stud bolt and nut (holds the exhaust manifold onto the head)

1 oil pan bolt (holds the oil pan on the block)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

http://www.spaenaur.com/