Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Talking To Your Subaru Might Make It Worse

So aparently my success was short lived. I now have a loud gremlin noise when i turn on the rear window wiper. For some reason it wont switch heating functins its stuck on vent even though i push the defrost button, and the oil light came on this moring.

******ing fantastic:)

Ben

Ben..check your vacuum canister for your heater functions...Check those hoses make sure none are cracked or blew off..your heater controls are vacuum actuated. Then bring it to me and I will help you look at it:)

Also..let me see what I may still have around thats EA82 orientated..If I have anything its yours ok?

lol i apreciate it guys but i thought someone told me that it was easier just to swap rear wagon tail gates then to switch out the motor. Ill just half to dig into it this summer im sure ive got vacume lines to check. Hopefully mcbrat can help me give my car a good onceover so i know what it needs to survive.

Ben

The wiper motor isnt *cake* to change.... but in my opinion, its a lot easier to change than the whole rear gate! :eek:

You take off the interior trim on the gate, undo the wiper arm on the outside (and the shaft retaining nut that holds the shaft to the gate) Then you unplug the electrical, and remove the fasteners that hold the motor in place.

Installation is the reverse of removal.