Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle show May 16-18 2008

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt do squat to the car..so I will be washing it there..Got the burgers in the freezer for safer travel and stuff..Got the radiator packed for Jim..jack stands floor jacketc etc. Going to try and get out of work alittle early tonight so I can get a nap before the drive down.. being up for 26 hours prior to todays 5 hour nap ..does not sound to promising for a pleasant 5 hour drive directly after work tonight. Just dont be suprised if I end up taking another nap in the car tomorrow once I get there.

Side not ...08 Trek 4300 looks derned good on the back of the coupe

OOOOShiney014.jpg

well, ive come to the conclusion that god hates me. first off, i wont have any money this weekend eventhough i got paid today due to a new policy at my bank that wont let new accounts access their moeny for about a week:mad: , i was already in not so good of a mood due to a couple people that i work with treatiing me like i dont matter. and on top of everything, i have no idea if the carb rebuild fixxed the problem in the brat because the engie wont turn over, just makes a loud "clang" when i turn the key. never had to deal with that before, and it was spinning fine last weekend when i replaced the fuel pump/

im almost to the breaking point, i dont know what to do anymore and im not sure if ill actually be able to make it out the way things keep going for me, i think im close to just giving up on cars in general, granted, that wont ever happen anyways, then i would be bored, lol.

either way, i dont know what to do, the battery i took out of the brat and put into the impreza is leaking, i cant afford the new battery or any more replacemnt parts for thebrat, and now its rain, great.:rolleyes:

Well, looks like at the last minute I decided to try and make it up there this weekend. Hopefully I will still be able to get in, I'm really just planning on showing up and playing it by ear. Should get there late friday night or early saturday morning, and I will hopefully run into every somewhere. I will probably bring a tent but I may just put down the rear seats and sleep in the wagon...

*goes off to see if he fits in the wagon*

Anyways, I can't wait to get there and finally put faces to the names!

tim, give me a buzz saturday morning and ill meet you in mt holly again.

matt, with this stupid rain, you might not need to bring the bucket. just bring the soap and the sponge! :lol:

ill see you guys tomorrow morning! er, this morning!

you can use the bucket and I'll even spot you some soap but bring your own mits...that is one thing I am really freaky about

Hey matt any chance i could borrow the bucket as well at some point? I need to washy my car bad.

im starting to think it was the battery, when i used it to start the ipreza this morning, it was flat dead. luckil;y, mom paid for a new battery this morning. so after i eat, i am going to try to get the new battery in the brat and give that another shot.

It really would be a shame to have to bring the impreza when you have a brat at home.

Whats the game plan after everyone gets there? I'm showing up there some time tonight with not much more of a plan than "listen for soob exhausts and walk in that general direction".

yup, the battery was indeed dead, but the starter is also suspect. i actually took the starter to the store to have it tested, it popped out and spin like it should, but when i had it on the car, it was acting like it was dead. so if i do manage to make it for the show, it will be in the impreza since i couldnt get it registered and tagged today:(

i am still going to work on it tonight though.

I bailed out on going today. It's been pouring rain here all day. I'm going in the morning even if it's still raining, but the weather is calling for sunny and almost 70. I just washed the 360, going to wax it later.

I bailed out on going today. It's been pouring rain here all day. I'm going in the morning even if it's still raining, but the weather is calling for sunny and almost 70. I just washed the 360, going to wax it later.

What weather report are you watching???

I just checked and tomorrow is;

Saturday Partly sunny early...then becoming mostly cloudy with showers likely along with a chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Patchy morning fog. Some storms may produce small hail and gusty winds in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Real fun event. Nice meeting you guys. First time to Carlisle and enjoying the wonders of Waffle House and grits :rolleyes: I'll have my Subie and non-Subie related pics up from the show after I run through them and an intro thread if I can get around to it.

Joe

(FecalJet)