Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle show May 16-18 2008

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 days...what? Oh you didn't hear me. I said 3 Days hehe

I have no idea when I'll be there, but I will be there:clap:

Hi synester, you are more than welcome to join to party...just remember when the time comes, to register before the deadline.

Sometimes Life can be a pain. We'll only be there Saturday, and can only stay until about 5. I don't even think I'll have time to wash my car until I get there. Is there still a plan to meet at the Waffle House in the morning? If so we can be there for that.

What are you waiting for Timmy..better get a crackin

:-p

i is scared about breaking something on the carb trying to rebuild it myself, ive never worked with carbs before, im all about fuel injection and turbos. i just dont want to rist breaking the carb or a part from it and not being able to fix it in time for the show. ive been trying to get ahold of my friend all day, but he doesnt always answer his phone, unless he wants me to do something for him, typical i guess:-\

Just take your time and go easy Tim. Whatever you take off put in order on the table in front of you. If something goes together a certain way, lay it out in that order on the table. When it comes time to put it back together dont over due anything. The carb is only aluminum so you CAN strip stuff out if you overtighten. And lastly...leftover rebuild parts are a no no lol. Good luck. If i lived closer i would give you a hand.

thanks, hopefully, i can get ahold of my friend today, he said that he would help rebuild the car for me if i helped him move over the weekend, so i am hopuing he will keep with that. its soo close, but at the same time, soo far away. its driving me nuts

Just take your time and go easy Tim. Whatever you take off put in order on the table in front of you. If something goes together a certain way, lay it out in that order on the table. When it comes time to put it back together dont over due anything. The carb is only aluminum so you CAN strip stuff out if you overtighten. And lastly...leftover rebuild parts are a no no lol. Good luck. If i lived closer i would give you a hand.

I should have been working on the coupe today...but ..instead I went and bought a new mountain bike...If I can find a carrier I feel comfortable enough to put on the coupe ..I will be bringing that too

I did manage to vacuum it out though...only cause a hidden spider nest decided it wanted to hatch and had baby spiders all over:-\

me no likey spiders.

well, it would figure, ive hit another snag on the carb issue, the store sold me the wrong kit. this one looks like its for what i am guessing is the carb fro an ea82 car. the gaskets are clost, but the spacing is different and the openings are a tiny bit larger.

i have no luck sometimes

I should have been working on the coupe today...but ..instead I went and bought a new mountain bike...If I can find a carrier I feel comfortable enough to put on the coupe ..I will be bringing that too

I did manage to vacuum it out though...only cause a hidden spider nest decided it wanted to hatch and had baby spiders all over:-\

I just got a mountain bike, too... should I bring it? It's an older Specialized Expedition that may or may not fit in the back of Molly... :-p

Wow Carlisle is only 2 days left.:eek: :eek: So much to do in so little time.:-\

I can't believe it is here already. We started the car project in December and now it is May. Going to need a vacation after the car show.:lol: What are we going to do next year for the car show:rolleyes:

next year? im still trying to figure out whats going on this year at the show.

figured that id at least ask while i am here, does anyone have a spare carb just incase mine is buggered, i got the wrong rebuild kit from the parts store and had to make my own gaskets for some of the parts last night. that and it was the first time i have ever worked on a carb, so i have nbo idea of how well i did on it:-\