Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I drove around the world 8 times!! (odometer rolled to 200,00 miles)

In excellent company, in a perfect place, I drove the Beefaru into history.

200K.jpg

The odometer was reset to zero 12 years ago when the wagon was built. So that's 200,000 actual miles on the 2.2 and the dual range RX 4:11 transmission.

I don't know anyone that's rolled that many actual miles on a conversion.

Long story short, it was a very cool experience to travel my 200,000th mile on a car where I started at zero. Took 12 years & 20 states to get there.

Along for the ride was the most excellent videographer Dr Krazy! and my better half. We met at the Elway Subaru on W colfax near golden. Some employees gawked and asked questions & I was able to provide some history and tell 'em what was about to transpire -- a very cool thing to have happen on the brink of 200,000 miles. :headbang:

The pitter patter in the video is my girlfriend doing a one-handed drum roll on the dash.

As you can see from the photo, it was a perfect day.

Thanks again Keith! Meant a lot to have you there archiving the event :)

Hit this link to see the 2D map, then hit the "view in google earth" link on the page that pops up. It'll download that location to your computer. Then you can open that in Google earth & view in pseudo 3D which is pretty cool.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103063478661954768817.0004464dcaf48a83355f9&ll=39.663332,-105.201253&spn=0.004278,0.003648&t=h&z=18

odo_200k.jpg

234K here. 4K to go for a moonshot (average distance to moon: 238K).

The moon is looming large in the windshield now and I'm planning an Apollo 13 gravity slingshot for the return.

Excellent! Is that 238k all you??

That would be so cool!!! I don't get to hear too many original-owner/miles-since-new stories.

If not, how many have you put on it yourself?

Ahh yes was a moment in history! 200k on mean conversion that happened 12 years ago. I doubt anyone else has a 200k on an EJ conversion, don't think too many people were even doing it in 96'....

Was a pleasure to come along for the ride and was a beautiful day for it. Though I spent the rest of yesterday working on my cars..which wasn't nearly as fun.

Video actually turned out good, and I have a couple pics to add since it was such a special occasion.

The salesmen drooling over Eric's wagon as he points at it (notice how it's just as shiny as the new Subaru's around in the background, minus my dirty rump roast OBW sitting to the left):

beefdealer.jpg

And because Red Rocks is so gorgeous and beefaru fits in perfectly with the scenery:

beefredrocks.jpg

Good job on keeping Beefaru running so good for so long, here's to another 200k for you Eric :drunk:

Ahh yes was a moment in history! ...The salesmen drooling over Eric's wagon as he points at it (notice how it's just as shiny as the new Subaru's around in the background, minus my dirty rump roast OBW sitting to the left).....here's to another 200k for you Eric :drunk:

Thanks Dr K and everybody! Had to run out of town right after this and I got VERY sick when I returned -- that nasty flu thing. Cost me $300 in gig $$ this weekend. Dragged my butt out of bed today and I've got a couple more for y'all.

The portrait shot

200k_portrait.jpg

And a shiny shot for fun - I think that's Dr Krazy in the fender panel.

200k_dealership.jpg

Ahh yes was a moment in history! 200k on mean conversion that happened 12 years ago. I doubt anyone else has a 200k on an EJ conversion, don't think too many people were even doing it in 96'....

Agreed, I'll bet many were not making conversions in 96'.

Who is credited for the first U.S. EA to EJ swap, what year?

Did the Aussies beat us to it?

One small step for subaru, giant leap for Subarukind.