Ultimate Subaru Message Board

taking a little trip

ok so my Girlfriend is going to school in california in a month and im going to be driving there to see her for our 2year aniversary may15.

my questions are what should i worry about like mechanicle wise. its only 621 miles there and 620 miles back (gotta love google maps lol) i figure the car can handle it im going to bring some oil new spark plugs,cap,roter,wires. also i will bring a disty (it has gone out befor) alternator oh and my tool bag. im gonna change the air filter befor i go.

I have a spair tire but other than that i think i will be fine. im gonna be driving my faithful ea71 1980 suabru gl-5 wagon 5 speed 2wd and i have been puting it through some test runs the last few weeks such as taking it on longer and longer drives went to levenworth,wenachee,vantage, and i go to jerrys in selah about every other weekend. last week i filled the tank and went 289 miles befor the gas light started to flicker on so im thinking i can get 300 from a tank but i wont push my luck. im gonna change my fuel filter and bring a spair fuel pump.

and for those who are just dieng to know she is going to cullinary <did i spell that right? school to be a chef the school is in sacramento IIRC i will be visiting her at her aunts in oroville then her and i will go to san francisco im really exited to see the GGB wooh :banana: :banana: :banana: i will make shure to get TONS of pics. but for the month befor hand i want to get everything ready. so any one have any info on what mihgt be good to have with me. any tips. also would be cool to meet some of the USMBers down that way.

Thanks Rob. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

PS wasent shure where to put this so if it needs moved feel free thanks Rob.

my questions are what should i worry about like mechanicle wise. its only 621 miles there and 620 miles back (gotta love google maps lol) i figure the car can handle it im going to bring some oil new spark plugs,cap,roter,wires. also i will bring a disty (it has gone out befor) alternator oh and my tool bag. im gonna change the air filter befor i go.

s Rob.

chuck in a spare coil an thats pretty much the whole ignition system spare

Congrats on the two years. My G/F and I just had our 7, yeah we got together in high school at 15, ok done with my life story.

What about spare hoses? Spare axle? I think you'll be just fine though. It's always good to carry extra stuff, cause you probably won't need it, but if you didn't have it, you would need it. And a good jack with a jack stand?

Duct tape!!:headbang:I've seen that hold a 1" gash in a coolant hose.