Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I went to an auto show last Sunday and had fun looking at all the new cars. I think new cars are, on average, more exciting today than they were 10 years ago, but there are still very few cars that make me drool and wish, but that's probably because I hate FWD vehicles and they still dominate the car market. Anyway, I was really surprised at the number of "transportation" cars that hover at that $20,000-22,000 range. Cars that are decent enough, but IMHO not worth $22,000. Some of the interior materials and the FWD drivetrain--I kept thinking "Geez--I could buy a Subaru for about the same price as these."

Anyway, I was disappointed because the Sube display was lacking an STI. I asked the guy why one wasn't there, and he cringed and informed me that the dude driving it to the show crashed it. :eek: But, I did get to sit in a new '09 Forester. I hadn't seen any pics of this thing and I really liked it. It looks petty sweet in person and sits nice. I have never really considered a Forester, but if I were actually able to purchase a brand new vehicle, I'd seriously consider this new design. Just curious if anyone else has seen one in person and what you all think of the new styling?

Yup I saw it at the auto show as well. I wasn't very pleased to be honest. It was like a mitsubishi with a suzuki rear end. Subaru lost there unique good looking design (IMO). I am sure it will drive well though.

autoshow2008028.jpg

autoshow2008018.jpg