Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mistaken Identity: Bad News for 08 Impreza...

OK--has anyone else seen the trailer for the new movie Vantage Point and caught glimpses of the little blue car Dennis Quaid races through the streets of Spain? All I caught were choppy glimpses of the car though with all the action/camera movement, but my first thought was that they cast the new Impreza in the movie, which, you have to admit, would be a cool little car for a European car chase scene.

So, I saw the movie tonight and I was waiting for Dennis to hop in the little blue WRX. Oops--one of the first glimpses of the car flashed a Chevy Bowtie. India had the Chevy Forester...maybe Spain has a Chevy Impreza. No, wait, Chevrolet sold their share in Subaru though...

Anyone else see the trailer for this movie and think you saw the new Impreza? (Granted, I'm not really used to seeing these yet.) Here is a clip of the car scene, which has some shots where you can clearly see it isn't a Sube, but in the other clips it's hard to tell it ain't one either. http://movies.clevver.com/video/149245/vantage-point-video-clip-andquotcar-chase-montageandquot.php

Kinda sad when a Sube gets confused for a Chevy. Well, come to find out the car is actually a Saturn Astra here in the states. In Mexico, it's a Chevy.

nope nope nope, thats for sure not a subaru and nothing to do with it.

Then what is it.

Its an Opel Astra (GM), also know as Vauxhall Astra or Holden Astra. And from now i think as the Chevy Cobalt. BTW the police cars are the same make as well. And they are all build in Germany.

And trust me its second best sold car here in holland so i know the model.

Although it would have been better if it was a WRX but then the police wouldnt stand a chance :grin:

I watched the video twice...and in no way thought it was an 08 Imppy..Of course I am getting good at spotting them in a croud..cause I see one everytime I look outside:lol::lol:

Well, on the video that I linked to, you can tell that it is not the Impreza. I was talking about the movie trailer at the theatre and on TV, if anybody's caught those.

I wasn't saying the car was a dead ringer for an 08 Sube, but that at a glance the new Impreza resembles that same basic shape/style of several other cars.