Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just found a 95 legacy on craigslist and was just wondering what you all thought it was worth ,Its a rolled car with 105,000 on the ticker2.2 5spd awd. this would be a swap for my current legacy witch is an auto of the same year

Looking to swap the motor and possible the tranny. Will rebuild the old 2.2 for my brat which already has the d/r 5 spd

I'd say it's all up to the maintenance of the car previously.

Treat it just like a car you're going to buy to drive (with all subsequent discounts for the roll, of course).

Do they have maintenance records, oil changes, how's the fluid in the trans, etc.?

Of course, I bought my 97 with 140K on it, they had none of the above, (I found out first on Carfax it was a fleet car before them (but never wrecked) so I guess it was maintained early--thus the fact that it now has 246K.

:)

Since it has been rolled, it becomes just a parts car. I wouldn't pay more than $250 to $300, since you have no idea what condition any of the parts are in, or how well maintained it has been. The only thing you know is that it was running at the time it was rolled.