Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loose seats in an EA81..and its not the bolts

Hey my drivers and passenger seats really like to rock around a bit these days. Is there a way of tightening them up in their tracks? The bolts into the floor are plenty tight. Its the actual seat rails that are causing the wobble. Or am I just stuck with it?

The whole mechanism is a crap shoot. Best to yank the seat out and R&R everything you see. There's some plastic bushings and stuff in there, and the screws that hold the flip-forward spring mechanism to the upper's and lower's come loose.

After bouncing around off-road in stock EA81 seats for a while, I've broken at least 3 or 4 drivers side rails. I usually break the tab off that anchors them to the floor. I welded the last one with a reinforcing strip, and only suceeded in bending the actual track grooves in the slider mechanism. The whole mess is..... a mess. Needs to be redone in thick stainless :rolleyes:

GD

hmm ok guys im going to pull the seats today and see what i find. Gotta love seats that take 5 minutes to pull as compared to my Camaro where some bolts are hard to get to.

I was also going to suggest that we can look at all this next weekend when we do the body work on your car

Well the verdict on the seat. I got it a lot tighter. Not as tight as the passenger seat of course but better than it was. The back adjusting mechanism was almost falling off:eek: . I tightened the crap out of it and that took away a good chunk of the wobbles. The rest is just loosness in the actual rail. I think its just something i have to live with.

Selling Bucky for...GRITS...chicken and dumplins... are you sure you're from Connecticut and not somewhere down South here?

I just live in CT ...I am not from here LOL.. I actually hate this part of the country. I was raised in Southern PA and spent much time at my Great Grandmother ( Bless her soul...passed about 10 years ago at 104) who lived in the Southern part of VA. If it was up to me I would live in the South...people there have a better outlook on life and are definately more pleasent to deal with..But there are some hidden New Englanders that I love!

My Great Grandma is the only person in my family I ONLY have fond memories of...And even though I am an adopted kid and only saw her once a year I took after her...He would be cursing you out as she was giving you the shirt off her back.Even though she was a Southern Belle...she was stedfast and independant and proud..And BOY could she cook!!! I love my Great Grandmother..she taught me stuff no one else ever tried..and that was to be myself and dont be what others want you to be. I have some of her old china too.