Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New wheels

I purchased a set of wheels this weekend, superlite style, no obvious markings or brandings but subaru centrecaps. 13-(I'm guessing 5.5-6ish)

There are some on the wheels page but they're slightly different so I'd thought I'd chuck these up, they don't use the normal tapered wheel nut either.

UNI_0453.jpg

UNI_0452.jpg

• 4 months later...

So I got these all mounted up finally a few months back.

UNI_0655.jpg

Then I was lucky enough to be able to purhase these. 13x5.5 again. Looking to get some lower profile tyres on them. It will mess up the gearing, but with a slight suspension drop, awesomeness should result....

UNI_0678.jpgUNI_0681.jpg

:drunk:

[/bRAG]

Also, random fact for the books. these alloys have a bit more offset than the factory steels, which accentuates the fact the track on the front wheels is noticeably wider. Eg, rear wheels tuck under the guards, front wheels are directly flush, if not sticking out. Looks like a fwd drag car from the right/wrong angles....

• 4 months later...

First off, I want that GSR sooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOooOOOoOooOO bad. Those wheels (both sets) look fantastic on that car. I wish I could get my hands on a set or three of them. How much do they weigh, if you know?

Secondly, OH MY GAWD!!! That lifted GLF is nuts! Sweetest looking subaru I have seen yet, imho. Why did that guy have to disappear? He was super creative and really pushed things out of his shop that nobody else in the old school subaru world was doing. Dang.

First off, I want that GSR sooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOooOOOoOooOO bad. Those wheels (both sets) look fantastic on that car. I wish I could get my hands on a set or three of them. How much do they weigh, if you know?

Secondly, OH MY GAWD!!! That lifted GLF is nuts! Sweetest looking subaru I have seen yet, imho. Why did that guy have to disappear? He was super creative and really pushed things out of his shop that nobody else in the old school subaru world was doing. Dang.

You mean John's car? Yeah that thing is sweet! It's too bad all that stuff happened. He did do some nice work! It's funny I talked to him right before I came to this forum, he told me to come on here. But anyways, he was supposed to hook me up with some motor mounts for my Brat. He said that he would send them out and guess what....he never did. Luckily no money was exchanged! But he seamed really cool and down to earth, and for the 2 hours I talked to him, he had some great ideas about subys. He told me to come to USMB and also told me that he wasn't very popular on here. He had said that he had wronged a lot of people and was slowly trying to make it right. But it's too bad that it went as far as it did:-\

US dollar is pretty strong compared to ours these days.. :brow:

Not very willing to part with the wheels though.

And not sure on weight.. Light--ish. Lighter than a steel wheel anyway.

• 1 year later...

The first set of wheels are actualy Australian ROH Contessa"S,anyone who looks at australian Mini sites will recognise the style.

Enkie Wheels are interesting regarding weight I have owned a set of similar looking but different Works Nissan Enkie wheels in 13 x6.0 JJ off one of the Southern Cross Rally Factory 710 Nissans driven by Harry Kallstrom.

I have also owned a set of later Enkie "Compe 8" wheels also in 13x6.0JJ and these weighed 5.5kg and were lighter than the works wheels by roughly 1.5kg.

The problem with these nice old school rims out here is the Vultures who scrap them for just a few dollars scrap value,Idiots even common cars such as the GMH Holden Torana GTR or XU! are hard to find rims for even though some of the cars sell for over $120,000 Dollars Australian,so what hope do we have with our old subies,moral save everything.

I hear you there.

I picked up these a few months ago

UNI_1003.jpg

UNI_1004.jpg

I think they are two piece, So might be handy for fitting some AWESOMELY wide bands.

They're 14's also.

Haven't had a chance to fit them to anything yet as both my Subaru are parked up at the moment.