Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Question about early '80's

I found an early (1981?) wagon with a 5SP manual tranny. My question is, is it a 4WD or 2WD? I was unable to see the floor, the car is being used as a catch-all and storage building. Under the hood, there was the biggest rats nest that I have ever seen. The front windshield was broke out, and the front seats were absolutely shot. Couldn't tell much else. I just don't remember looking at the rear wheels to see if it was a 4WD or not. I was told that if I wanted it, just to drag it off. There was a good looking (from what I could see) EA81 engine under the hood. Thanks guys.

Hey any chance it has the walnut 5 spd shifter knob? and if it does, would you be willing to sell it to me?

-Bill

Those are increddibly rare - you likely will never see one. Obviously this car's interior is completely shot and bare to the elements - what do you suppose it would look like even if it did, by some miricle, still have that expensive, dealer-optional knob you so desire?

Seriously - you'll have better luck buying a hunk of walnut and making one yourself - wouldn't even be that hard.

GD