Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2wd to 4wd conversion

Doesn't the Ford Bronco II rear driveshaft replace our two piece unit?

There was talk about that years ago here on the board but I can't remember the details. It may have been for EA81 cars.....

It would be easier than fabbing up a carrier bearing support.

Either way, a one piece driveshaft would be fine, I really don't know why a two piece is on it anyway. The diff is stationary since it has rear independent suspension.

I would really like pics of your bracket if you have time.

All I did was go to Lowe's and find a couple small L-brackets and bend them to the shape I wanted and drilled holes in them. Found some nuts and bolts of the right size, drilled holes in the tranny tunnel and floor pan and VOILA!!! It could be mounted a little higher, but it'll do just fine.

I'll get a pic so you can see how crappy it looks.:rolleyes:

beefaru had issues with running a one-piece in his wagon on some serious high-mileage stuff....but I might try it here before too long.

I should have it up off the ground to do a wheel bearing here in a couple days, so I'll try to get a picture of the bracket I made.

I should have it up off the ground to do a wheel bearing here in a couple days, so I'll try to get a picture of the bracket I made.

finally.....life's been hectic lately.

PICT4188Medium.jpg

I really need to pull those off and put some washers on there, as the nuts are trying to pull through the bracket......but it's worked well, and been like that for close to 30k miles.