Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where did you get code 1507 from? They run from p0100 - p0763.

IAC codes are P0505, 0506, 0507

my scanner

cel comes on code 1507- idle control failure

practicly stalls, but upon restart is ok

im thinking its locking up closed

and stalling when it idles down

Yes P0nnn codes are the generic ODBII codes, P1nnn and P2nnn codes are manufacturer/model specific.

Let's see, endwrench has a note about P1507.... here: Diagnostic Trouble Code P1507 http://endwrench.com/images/pdfs/DiagTroubSum04.pdf

Hm....seems this note applies only for manual trans:

"If you are diagnosing a manual transmission equipped vehicle with a DTC P1507 and can find nothing wrong after following the trouble tree in the appropriate service manual, inspect the Neutral Switch Circuit before replacing any parts.

The Neutral Switch Circuit may cause this code to set. This could falsely indicate to the ECM that the transmission is in neutral when, in fact, it is actually in gear. This can cause the MIL to illuminate and set Code P1507. Keep in mind that the problem can be intermittent and it may be necessary to pin test the connection and to shift into and out of Neutral many times before the switch shows any problems."

P1507 means the idle, as detected by the ECU is abnormally high, and the ECU closes down the IAC and can not maintain 550-700 rpm idle.

That's why the neutral switch on the manual is a likely culprit. As you are crusing, the ECU get the signal from the switch that the tranny is in neutral, so it tries to maintain IDLE, but obviously it can't because the car is NOT in neutral and the engine is being turned by the wheels.

If you are having difficulty idling, I would look for vacuum leaks, loose throttle body, and loose hoses etc. These can also cause the ECU not to maintain an idle by driving the IAC. If it were an IAC electrical failure, you would get another code.

Also be certain the throttle cable is properly adjusted.

• 1 year later...

Yes it is an old thread, but....

Two days from home, oytside CHicago, Blu has decided to scare the hell out of me (I am with Mom).

Started him up, went across the street to eat, shut down (crossing a 6 lane road is not safe on foot in pitch dark btw). Ate dinner started him up,drove back across the street and he threw a code, (this code) started running really rough, threw a code, and stalled. Before he stalled i gave him gas and he seemed fine.

Blu never stalls.

He started right back up, i cleared the code, he was running better, but not perfect. Shut him down and he restarted.

When i left the resteraunt I thought his idle was way too high, but he does get goofy on extreemly short runs.

On this drive the EGR code has been thrwon several times, and his gas milage was wone on the corn-fuel (in NY we have methanol and he does fine on that).

I am outside chicago on 90 and stil have to drive to NY. I dont have tools, and I am thinking this is just going to be annoying as opposed to a real issue.

And Blu is 97 2.5L auto.

Thoughts?

nipper

Hi nipper. I have had this code one time on '00obw auto. I'm pretty sure at least for me it is/was the neutral switch or whatever that position switch on the trans for the shifter. It is a bit off. Sometimes it doesn't indicate park, like it thinks it is between gears, unless I firmly shove the shifter to park. If it runs very long like that with no indication it throws that code it seems. Not sure if that is helpful to you but it's what I've got. Hope you figure it out!