Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Battery Suggestion - 2000 Forester

er um, installed?

installed?

(sheesh its two bolts and a hold down)

go to an autoparts store or chain they will install it for free.

nipper

I think when he said "$80 installed" that includes parts and labor, not just the labor to install.

i'm just used to paying 65.00 for a bttery with free instalation.

nipper

$65, wow that's a killer price. I'm a mechanic at a Ford dealer in Montana and have a hard time getting batteries for less than $75 even with employee discount.

Thanks for the information Blaze. My regular mechanic carries NAPA batteries and I might give him a shot after looking at the data from Consumers. He wanted around $80 installed.

~Howard

:banana::popcorn:

Glad to help,

I bought mine from NAPA on 1/04/08 (3 months ago), they didn't have the NAPA LEGEND 7535 in stock, so they tried to sell me another group 35 napa battery with no luck.

I ordered CReports #1 pick for the north the NAPA LEGEND 7535 and it came in the next day. I only paid 58.95 :banana:

I have had trouble with several Walmart batteries in different vehicles, I would recommend staying away from them. Consumer Reports also took them off of the recommended list. As I recall, Die Hard was rated fairly high.

I dunno - I've had reasonable luck with Wally batteries. Just buy the "better" ones. I've also had good luck with Sears and Costco as well.

I always go top of the line, still had problems on both vehicles.

Also FWIW, Exide has a orbital battery that is CHEAPER than Optima with a warranty THREE TIMES as long.

http://www.exide.com/products/automotive/exide_select_orbital.html

Interesting exide batteries. I'm not sure about the warranty claims you mentioned though. Exide brochure says 24 months free replacement; Optima red top site says "36 Months Free Replacement, Remaining 36 Month Prorated" in 12V Passenger Vehicle / Light Truck (noncommercial) applications.

I have had trouble with several Walmart batteries in different vehicles, I would recommend staying away from them. Consumer Reports also took them off of the recommended list. As I recall, Die Hard was rated fairly high.

agreed, nothing but horror stories around here no wal mart batts, even the high end ones. Myself included, on the high end. yeah it got replaced free, but after less than 1 yr of light use. next time, i will pay more for non walmart batteries and not have to replace it anytime soon

Interesting exide batteries. I'm not sure about the warranty claims you mentioned though. Exide brochure says 24 months free replacement; Optima red top site says "36 Months Free Replacement, Remaining 36 Month Prorated" in 12V Passenger Vehicle / Light Truck (noncommercial) applications.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm almost positive that my paperwork says 36 month free replacement on my Exide. I had an Optima go bad on a Corvette after 16 months and at that time Optima only privided a 12 month free replacement. That's when I went to Exide.

Motorcraft has an orbital battery(probably an optima made out of black plastic) that Ford used in the Ford GT. Some guy bought a GT at the dealer in town and asked to store the car in the showroom for several months. When he came to get it, big surprise, his battery was dead. Some lot kid threw a charger on it while the the owner of the vehicle ran some errands and when he came back the battery had blown-up and got that pasty acid all over the place. I wonder if those batteries do that very often?