Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some questions to better my subaru

1994 legacy wagon

1. what can i do for my engine to help it run smoother better have more power because it seems a little sluggish in the acceleration department, i do know they are not that fast to begin with but still wondering what i can do.

2. what kind of transmission fluid works best and how much is needed.

3. my passenger side seat belt is stuck in the position like that door is open and there is a cable that is looped out, any ideas? here is a pic

Thanks for the help

DSC00019.jpg

1. what can i do for my engine to help it run smoother better have more power because it seems a little sluggish in the acceleration department, i do know they are not that fast to begin with but still wondering what i can do.

A good tune up. spark plugs + wires(NGK or OEM only) Air filter, pcv valve. That' about all without modification

2. what kind of transmission fluid works best and how much is needed.

Good dex/merc III fluid is fine. Synthetic is better, but not nessecary at all.

3. my passenger side seat belt is stuck in the position like that door is open and there is a cable that is looped out, any ideas? here is a pic

Thanks for the help

Look in you're centrer console lid. There is a groove that should have a hex haped tool in it. This tool is to manually retract the seatbelt.

If you pull the plastic panel off of the *B* pillar, you can see the whole seatbelt motor assembly. Motor is down at the bottom, near the floor. In the center of it is a spot for that hex tool to go. You can use it to manually wind up the cable to it's "closed" position.

Once you get it retracted, disconnect the 3 wire plug that hooks to the motor. That will prevent it from trying to run forward and getting stuck again next time the door is opened. Now it is locked in place, you're pasenger can use the buckle, or simply loop it over their head.

The Seatbelt light will flash on the dash. So a square of electrical tape will be needed to *fix* that.

A good tune up. spark plugs + wires(NGK or OEM only) Air filter, pcv valve. That' about all without modification

Good dex/merc III fluid is fine. Synthetic is better, but not nessecary at all.

Look in you're centrer console lid. There is a groove that should have a hex haped tool in it. This tool is to manually retract the seatbelt.

If you pull the plastic panel off of the *B* pillar, you can see the whole seatbelt motor assembly. Motor is down at the bottom, near the floor. In the center of it is a spot for that hex tool to go. You can use it to manually wind up the cable to it's "closed" position.

Once you get it retracted, disconnect the 3 wire plug that hooks to the motor. That will prevent it from trying to run forward and getting stuck again next time the door is opened. Now it is locked in place, you're pasenger can use the buckle, or simply loop it over their head.

The Seatbelt light will flash on the dash. So a square of electrical tape will be needed to *fix* that.

that all sounds good thanks man, what can i do with modifications?

more like drain, refill, drive 300 or so and do it again. Might as well get it all mixed up. Alternate - go to Jiffy Lube and get the trans flush. do it once, then don't worry about it for 30 to 45k

I still can't believe people still let JIffy Lube touch their cars...